“Old” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Gretna Green M74

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Days Inn Gretna Green M74
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Gretna Green
Wicklow, Ireland
“Old”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Situated just off the motorway, beside a complex of shops with a newsagent, coffee shop and fast food places. A lot of truck drivers stop of here. Check in was fine and quick. All rooms are on one floor. Old fashioned bedroom. The bathroom has the worst shower I have ever been in. Difficult to control and if your over 5 foot tall you are in trouble- my neck still hurts. Next morning breakfast was delivered to my room even though I never ordered it- I have my own theory on this! Then with the do not disturb sign on the door at 8.30 am with one knock in walks the cleaner, he said I thought you had gone! Best part of this whole experience was the 40 pounds rate for the night. There is no nice qualities to this hotel. Go elsewhere would be my advice.

Room Tip: On the second floor if there was one!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RKF2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Telford, Shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at the Days Inn Gretna one night in April to break up a journey from Staffordshire to Glasgow.
I arrived at 8.30pm and was greeted by one of the friendliest receptionists I have ever had the pleasure to come accross. He gave a chirpy welcome after a long drive.
I had upgraded to an exec room. It was plain, yet clean and contained everything I needed for my one night's stop. The bed was one of the comfiest I had ever stopped in and I found outside noise to be minimal, seeing as we were close to the Motorway.
I walked over to the services for breakfast (cereal and tea), albeit this was also offered to be delivered to my room when I checked in.
Check-out was fast and efficient with a different, yet chirpy, receptionist. They train them well here.
Will not hesitate to stop here again if needing to break up a long journey to Scotland.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stourbrige
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

At £39 for an overnight stay good value. Room cleaan and bed fairly comfortable. Had continental breakfast served in room, booked for 08:45 arrived at 08:45. Staff on reception very pleasant. Good stop over for trip to Inverness from West Midlands.
Only negative thing is the signage! Hotel hidden by bushes from road way, went passed car park entrance and had to turn round, a nice big sign sayinf "Days Inn" would be very usefull

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Willenhall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

stopped here the following night from a stay at Abington . Hotel for the money is good value although over £5 dearer than Abington . The room was clean with the usual added touches of mini fridge and trouser press . I didn't sleep as well here due to traffic noise , perhaps ask for a car park side room , i was at the back adj to the 74

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pleasant and well located budget hotel on the Scottish Border. Helpful staff, good parking. There is a room service breakfast facility for those in a hurry. Although on a motorway service area, the hotel is tucked away from the noise and hustle of the rest of the facilities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davidzmitchell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting relatives in the area and needed a room for one night Saturday 2nd Feb . I was a little concerned about this hotel after reading some of the earlier reviews but we got a good deal so decided to stay here anyway . It was easy to find behind the services right on the motorway . There were quite a few cars in the car park when we arrived but still plenty of room to park . The receptionist was missing when we walked in but the cleaner who was cleaning the windows ran and found her without us asking . She was friendly and cheerful and checked us in in minuets . We were happy to find we were given an executive room - we hadn't asked for one - and once we turned the heating up it was soon warm and cosy . The room was spotless as was the bathroom and the bed had a lovely thick duvet and was warm and comfortable , my wife thought it was the softest bed she had ever slept in . When we returned after midnight the man in reception gave us some fresh milk as we had run out and was very pleasant and had a laugh and joke with us . The room was very quiet even though there must have been lots of guests as the car park was nearly full but we didn't hear a thing , so quiet not even any traffic noise . We found everything about the place perfect considering its next to a motorway . We would definitely stay here again , no complaints whatsoever .

• Stayed February 2013
Wigtown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We spent a Friday night at the inn as we were checking out the surrounding area on Friday and Saturday. All the reception staff were very friendly and courteous. Our bed was very comfy and the room was nice and warm once we turned up the heater. I found the bathroom quite cool as the only heat came from the towel rail. The bath was marked. I think the enamel had been damaged.
The kettle was extremely slow to boil. My husband walked across to the motorway services to get us a drink and by the time he returned the kettle still hadn't boiled.

We had a big surprise in the morning when we found about six inches of snow outside. Brilliant for us big kids to go out in.

If we ever do go back to the Gretna area we will definitely book a room at the Days Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
#5 of 5 in Gretna
Greens at Gretna
Greens at Gretna
#2 of 5 in Gretna

Been to Days Inn Gretna Green M74? Share your experiences!