We stayed at this hotel as a stop over in April and it was so bad we complained and were offered a 2 night break to "restore our faith" - big mistake, nothing had changed, the room we had (an executive double apparently) had mould on the wall behind the curtain, the carpets are still threadbare, the bar is very shabby. The refurb that was supposed to happen in Sept 09 didn't happen. The food is ok, but clearly the chef can't cope if anyone expects a cooked breakfast in under an hour. We were not the only ones who were unhappy and it is such a shame that the staff and management don't seem to care. The only good thing was Judy - the singer/ entertainment, who carried on even if the room was largely empty!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gretna Hall Hotel is an ideal setting for your leisure break thanks to its great location, charm and character. Originally built in 1710 as a manor house, our hotel, set in 10 acres of beautiful gardens offers all the character of a substantial historical building with all the facilities you would expect from a leading contemporary hotel. We cater for weddings, family celebrations, business meetings and overnight stays and a very warm welcome awaits you at Gretna Hall Hotel whatever your reason for visiting us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gretna Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gretna Hall Hotel Gretna Green
- Gretna Hall Green
- Gretna Hall Hotel Green
- Gretna Hall Gretna Green, Scotland