Alexander House
$77
$53
$61
$58
Hunters Lodge Hotel(Gretna)(Great Value!)
$89
$72
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
$78
$104
Graham Arms Hotel(Longtown)(Great Value!)
$89
All reviewsstayed hereroom was spotlesshaggisfresh fruitchoice of cooked breakfastgreat hostsgretna gatewaylovely breakfastfriendly ownerspleasure of stayinga lovely place to staybreakfast roomcomfy bedlittle gemample parkingtea and coffeeovernight stop
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We recently stayed 1 night and would certainly have stopped longer had our itinerary allowed us to. Our bedroom was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent especially the poached eggs. The hosts were very pleasant and helpful and we would not hesitate to stop here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Lovely people lovely breakfast ,room was comfortable but cramped the onsuite was the smallest I have seen but did the job.Still I am bigger than average .Only a 7 stone weakling could have dried themselves in this cramped space.The room would have benefited from a 5 ft bed as the 6 ft one made it very tight to move about.Overall the place was clean and very welcoming and would use it again but might well ask if they had a larger more spacious room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

My husband and I got married in Gretna Green 10 years ago and thought it'd be nice to return this year for our anniversary. Unfortunately the B+B we stayed in back then had ceased trading, but it was to our advantage as Alexander House was absolutely first class. I'd found it through doing an online search and was drawn in by the pictures and the great reviews so booked it for 2 nights.

We were greeted by Steve who made us feel really welcome, he then showed us to our room which was the king size room and it was really nice and had everything you needed. My husband had even forgotten to pack his shower gel, but luckily there was some in the en suite for him to use until we got to a shop the next morning.

The following morning at breakfast we got to meet Catherine who was also very friendly and couldn't of been more helpfull. The food was lovely and there was plenty on offer.

Being next to a railway line wasn't a problem as you couldn't hear the passing trains unless you had a window open, my husband and I actually opened one for a while to listen to them as it's not everyday you hear one passing your bedroom window lol

We can't praise Alexander House highly enough, and we hope that it's still there if we decide to return to Gretna in the future, as we'd definitely go back there without a doubt.

Lisa and Peter Gould from Yeovil, Somerset

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights whilst attending a wedding and it was excellent. Friendly proprieters, superb breakfast and really close to our friends who were staying up at the Smiths Hotel where their wedding reception was. Would most deffinately recommend it.
Donna Beales from Norfolk.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Hi,
I have been to The Alexander Guest House four times now, twice solo when touring Scotland on my motorcycle twice with wife on anniversary trips. Catherine & Steve are always very friendly and welcoming. Attractive, clean and comfortable rooms with an artistic flair. A great place to stay if going to a wedding at Gretna Green or touring Dumfries and Galloway. Minuets from the M6/A74(M) motorways. I love the great cooked breakfasts too and a good selection of local restaurants and pub grub for an evening meal.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo