“lovely place”

Glenlossie Guest House
Ranked #20 of 52 Dumfries B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night, couldn't have picked a better place to stay. We were met by owner on arrival, very helpful and friendly, room was lovely and spotless, beds comfy. Will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night only as we were going to a funeral next day. The owner met us when we arrived and had a nice chat with him and he pointed out the best places to go in and around Dumfries. The rooms were very clean with a good sized shower in the bathroom and even a fridge in the walk in wardrobe. A nice comfortable bed and a good comfortable sleep was had.Had a breakfast the next morning that would choke a horse. The town centre is only a ten minute walk . Absolutely no complaints. I would definitely recommend this guest house. It's no wonder the place was fully booked.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael K
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Easy to find and staff greeting on arrival was excellent. Room was spotless and well equipped. Was offered fresh milk for the tea rather that UHT pots which I liked.
Room was quiet even though I was near the front of the house. Windows had shutters and curtains so I wasn't woken by the light.
Shower was great - good power and lots of hot water.
Breakfast was excellent - other guests were having full breakfast which looked great. I had scrambled eggs on toast which was excellent.
Both members of staff I met were really lovely.
Would recommend Glenlossie to anybody and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My partner and I stayed here in August 2013 as we were attending a wedding and we had a lovely stay. Made to feel so welcome, rooms were spotless and the breakfast was gorgeous, they couldn't do enough for us.... If I ever go back to Dumfries, that's where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Perfect :-D Staying here right now - perfect breakfast and hosts - offered a choice of rooms if we wanted a family room just for me and my 12 year old in case we needed more space but perfectly happy with twin. Good shower, good breakfast (Inc proper freshLynn prepared fruit salad - no tinned ingredients).

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 19, 2014

When I booked the place was filling up but the service was very accomodating and they got me in. I only mention this because I needed to change very close to the date I was arriving for an extra person - whcih was sorted out without any fuss at all.
We also wanted berakfast early to get away to the event we were attending and that was sorted out too. Some breakfast too! That would keep you going, whatever you were doing.
Back in the evening, there's a lovely little Italian erstaurant which the proprietors recommended to us just around the corner, and a pub oppposite. Both very accomodating.
I'll use this place happily again whenever I'm back in town.
Honestly if you are going B&B it doesn't get much better than this.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed at Glenlossie while down to do the solway sportive. Very accommodating about our bikes and let us bring them in overnight. Were also not put out by our request for an early breakfast on a Sunday morning, which set us up for a full day in the saddle. Room and bed were very comfortable, great shower! Will definitely be back :)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Travelodge Dumfries
Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club
Friars Carse Country House Hotel
Days Inn Lockerbie Annandale Water
Premier Inn Dumfries Hotel

Been to Glenlossie Guest House? Share your experiences!