“Such value for Money”

Ranked #8 of 51 Dumfries B&B and Inns
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Such value for Money”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to Cameron House. I was so surprised by the standard of this bed & breakfast. We were allocated one of the rooms at the front of the building with a four poster bed. The room was very comfortable and of a high standard for the cost. The breakfast was excellent. I recommend this B&B with no hesitation....

Room Tip: When you arrive there is a numer on the door to call. They will then advise you on how to access the...
2 Thank Gemma M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just spent 2 nights here and it was fabulous value for money. My partner and I booked this place through Laterooms and found the price great. We originally booked a hotel in the middle of town but following tripadvisor reviews we cancelled then booked the Rivendell, again because of tripadvisor reviews.
What can i say except thankyou trip guys, i can't add much more thn has been previously said, we were given room 1 which was an upgrade for us and had a 4 poster bed, large LCD TV on the wall, tea & coffee facilities, iron, hairdryer etc
The room was a good size and clean, with beautiful big bay windows and the ensuite had a fabulous hot powerfull shower, just perfect to warm you up on a cold day. Breakfast was delicious, especially the local sausages, nothing appeared to be too much trouble.
There is plenty of parking space available both at the front and rear of property and the town is roughly 20-30mins walk depending how fast you walk but easy to get to, its more or less a straight route. I wouldn't hesitate in using the Rivendell again if ever returning to Dumfries

Room Tip: Room 1 with the 4 poster bed is fab
1 Thank gruzzle
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed at Rivendell for two nights in March. Everybody was really great and the places was very welcoming. Loved the porridge and breakfast was on time and personalised. Also great to find facilities to charge my iphone in the room. I recommend you go there.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel suffers a little from morning traffic noise if you want to lay in. Ask for a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Fantastic stay here, good breakfast and all needs attended too. I left some belongings, and this was dealt with very promptly and posted back to me. I was in the area on business, and will certainly come back to this B&B should I visit Dumfries in future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mikey_dobla
Keighley
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay and 2 superb breakfasts. Plenty of attractions to visit in and around Dumfries and a lovely house to return to - easy to find and good parking space. Would recommend this establishment to friends.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I had an overnight stay in Dumfries bit of an off the cuff thing really and decided to stay in a bed and breafast which we normally wouldn't do as we sometimes feel that we are intruding on peoples homes. However what can I say about the Rivendell, probably the best valued overnight saty we have ever had. The large house is stunning especially at night when lit up, we were warmly welcomed by Bruce who took us to our lovely four poster bedroom explained everything we neede to know and let us get on with our stay. The hotel is about a twenty minute walk from the centre of which for us was fine. Slept great, the dining room is a lovely room warm and welcoming and the breakfast was very good indeed. WIll definately go back and would definately reccomend.

Room Tip: Room 1 lovely large room with four poster. Bit of road noise from 07.00 but not an issue if your ear...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Heading north to family on Clyde Coast I took the scenic route and per-booked a room at Rivendel through an online booking agent. I picked it purely on Rating and Price and wasn't sure what to expect.
Due to traffic on the way north it was after 9pm when I pulled into the drive and first impressions were very positive with a well lit and beautiful frontage which was well signposted and easy to find.
A quick call to the owner as planned and he talked me through the safety deposit box for key issue and apologised as all the staff had finished for the evening. I should say he had offered to meet me at the B&B but as it turned out it there was no need.
What a room! Room 1 at the front with Four Poster Bed, absolutely spotless and immaculate. Crisp linen and fluffy towels with selection of teas, coffee and biscuits sealed the deal.
I headed out for a couple of drams with some friends and having left my car at the other side of town returned by local taxi.
After a sound sleep I was greeted by the cheery breakfast staff in the beautiful wood-panelled dining room. A full Scottish breakfast followed with lashings of hot toast and filter coffee and fruit juices. Then the best bit as Bruce, the owner, turned up and after a quick chat about his need to extend the business by building more rooms to keep up with demand, he offered, no insisted, on driving me across town to collect my car to help me get on the road north.
Rivendel is well deserving of its awards and accolades and I look forward to returning to sample the warm welcome of the staff and Bruce and the home comforts of his fine establishment.

Room Tip: Room 1 with huge Four Poster bed, I didn't see in any others.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo