“A wee overnight stay”

Premier Inn Dumfries Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ideal for a one night away. Even got a bargain at £29 per room. As we were 3 ladies travelling together, we were offered a room on an upper floor for the one using the room alone, we opted to be in rooms side by side. It was good to have the choice.
Opted for the continental breakfast, we were left to eat and chat with no pressure to move on. If I have one complaint, Coffee was a bit strong

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Dumfries Hotel

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Lovely hotel, friendly receptionist, very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Would highly recommend and I will definitely stay in a Premier Inn again! TableTable restaurant next door is definitely worth a visit too!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shreksgirl
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at the Premier Inn in Dumfries the night before my sons wedding on the 4th of December. The Premier Inn had really comfortable rooms. Very clean and as I was with my grand-daughter who is disabled we were given a large room .It was my daughters birthday and we booked a meal in Solway Gate I cannot thank Graham and the team enough it was a beautiful meal and the staff were more than helpful and did not seem to mind the mess the kids made. The next morning we had our breakfast there it was brilliant nothing was too much trouble for the staff. It was an exellent break and I would recommend it too anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've never stayed at a Premier Inn before but I was delighted with the Dumfries hotel. The only downside was the long walk to our first floor room carrying heavy bags and me with a walking stick, but we got there by the time we realised how far it was, and by then it wasn't worth asking to be moved.

The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. No problems whatsoever.

Room Tip: It can be a long walk upstairs (no lift) and along corridors to the furthest rooms so if you have an...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I use a Premier Travel Inn because you can be sure of certain things. Warm, clean comfortable rooms with helpful staff and good food.
This was no exception at Dumfries. Booked in by Lauren who told us a little about the area and showed us some helpful leaflets. The double room was very comfortable as I outlined above. The flat screen TV and tea/coffee all add to relaxation after a long drive. You get 30 minutes free wi fi per day but of course can purchase more if you want it. There is free wifi in the restaurant/bar next door.
I booked the meal deal for £22.99 per person per night. This allows for a 3 course dinner with a drink and the all you can eat breakfast. It can represent a substantial saving when compared with the daily menu of the adjoining restaurant.
Bryan in the 'table table' restaurant served us and was most consciensious and efficient.
The hotel is about 2 miles from the centre of Dumfries.
Dumfries itself isn't huge but a town prepared to use the Robbie Burns history to its advantage.
The hotel was a good launching point to visits to Whithorne and Newton Stewart and local towns and lochs and walks.

Room Tip: I always like to be able to see my car so rooms overlooking the carpark are not everyones choice but...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times while visiting family in Scotland and it has never disappointed. The rooms are always nice and clean, comfy beds and pillows, pleasant receptionists and cleaners and the breakfasts have usually been very good at the Solway Gate. Our children particulary like eating here at breakfast time because they can help themselves to everything including the muffins! I would recommend and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We checked in around 5pm on Monday. We had booked 2 rooms at £29 each. My in laws had checked in a few hours before us. We were allocated a room away from them and on arrival at the room we found the child bed was non existent. I enquired at reception and the helpful staff moved us and placed us opposite our family.
The room was great but the hand wash in both rooms wouldn't work. It was very clean. The bed as usual was big and comfortable.
I didn't have breakfast the next morning but the other members of our group did and enjoyed it!

• Stayed: October 2012