“Lovely Friendly Owners - Recommended”
Review of Glencairn Villa

Glencairn Villa
Ranked #31 of 48 Dumfries B&B and Inns
Girvan, United Kingdom
“Lovely Friendly Owners - Recommended”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Shirley made me feel very welcome during my stay and could not have been more helpful. En-suite room was excellent size, bathroom was lovely. Ideal location for town centre, hospital and Uni. Excellent parking facilities. Would definitely stay again and would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed one night at Glencarin Villa and over all found it a very nice stay. The room was big enough for two, clean and cosy. There is limited space to park outside the B&B but we were lucky in that we got parked up for the night. It is in a good location close to town and in walking distance of everything. Shirley was very welcoming and cooks a good breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

good location in the centre of Dumfries, but that's it, the décor hasn't changed since the 1970's I had a single room and shared bathroom and I wouldn't have booked if I had known this. but to be fair it was only £25 a night, so you get what you pay for I suppose

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Mark G
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at Glencairn Villa for a whole week during May 2012 and was made very welcome by Shirley and Lawrence. I arrived by train so there were no parking problems, and Glencairn is a very short distance from the railway station. The breakfasts were great and I appreciated being given a choice. My room was comfortable and I enjoyed waking up each morning to bird song. Yes, the bathroom was shared but I think by just one other room, and there was never a queue, and it was close to my room. The rate was very reasonable and if I am ever in Dumfries again I would be very happy to stay at Glencairn again. A short walk to the town centre and just around the corner from an excellent public library which provides internet access.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Patricia R
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed October 28, 2012

landed in Edinburgh and had issues with our rental. finally got out of airport and slow traffic to dumfries. was late and raining by the time we arrived and we drove around almost an hour trying to find this place. Everywhere we stopped, everyone knew where this street was, but took us a long time to find it. finally found it and turns out one roundabout messed us up. Wonderful hosts and cool house. Bed was ok but pillows were no good. close proximity to a lot of good things in Dumfries and surrounding areas as well. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Scotland
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Good value, very comfortable, quiet area, good food, no problems at all. A nice feature of Dumfries are the beautiful old buildings in red sandstone. Good entertainment in the Hole In The Wall pub in town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kent UK.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I spent two very pleasant nights at this B&B in a room with en-suite bathroom and toilet. The villa is a short walk from the station and from the centre of the town and river. The owner ,Lawrence, made me most welcome, obligingly advised me regarding recommended places to eat and also booked a taxi for me. Facilities were very comfortable, the room clean, decent television, good coffee and tea making facilties and the breakfast to be recommended. Having stayed in numerous places around the world I would have no hesitation at all in recommending the Glencairn Villa B&B as a very good homely place to stay when visiting Dumfires and Galloway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo