“superb pizza and pasta” 5 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Gasoline Alley
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“superb pizza and pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was our 4th visit, and once again found it to be excellent, from the warm welcome, to the excellent service from the waitresses, the food superb and plentiful, compliments to Mike the chef. From Tony and Elaine.

• Visited August 2013

Dundee, United Kingdom
“well what a steak, fab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a new eating house apparently, as it was a pizza place before, but its fab, and the food is really great value

Visited July 2013
“Don't waste your time or money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to Gasoline Alley even after hearing terrible reviews from friends and family. Its boasts to have the best steaks in town and after we received a recent leaflet through the door we gave it a try.

First off the atmosphere was terrible, it was dull and bare and the tables were sticky. I ordered a steak my partner ordered the 'alabama slammer' (a burger) - it took over 45 minutes to get our food. Given that it took so long I at least expected a platefull of food...this was not the case, I got an average looking steak with a handfull of 'homemade' chips. My parter got an undercooked burger on a dry burnt bun. The steak tastes ok but it was nothing special, I expected a huge lump of meat, this was not the case! We complained and got 10% off. I won't ever go back. I wish I'd listened to my friends and family and went somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dale1984
“Could be so much better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Really didn't enjoy this at all. Wouldn't rush back. Menu is pretty limited, and try have an extensive pizza/pasta menu... Which feels leftover from previous Italian restaurant. Didn't feel like a steakhouse at all.
The food, the guys in our group left still hungry as their portion sizes were pretty poor.
I had their special, a burger. Which portion size was fine but the burger was so bland and tasteless & dry. Disappointing!
The deserts were ridiculous - a packet waffle cut in Half and advertised as waffles, plural. And cost more than double what a pack of 4 do in the supermarket.
Poor value for money.
Service was pretty shocking too - the waitress clearly thought she was something. Which really gets my goat!!
To be honest if you are after an authentic American style meal, u can't go wrong with Missisippi Grill in town, way better value for money, and pleasant service. Wouldn't rush back to Gasoline Alley unless they drastically revamp.

• Visited June 2013
SCOTLAND,UK
“I'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I dont like to try new places, like to stick to places i know food is always good, but me and my partner first ate here with friends and was far from disappointed. Very friendly environment, great service and food is beautiful, highly recommend the steak!!

• Visited July 2013