“Quality farm shop and cafe”

Loch Arthur Creamery and Cafe
Ranked #8 of 135 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Had lunch twice here during our stay in Dumfriesshire. Excellent fresh food and friendly service. The farm shop is worth a visit with it's delicious range of cheeses and homemade breads. We will certainly return.

There are newer reviews for Loch Arthur Creamery and Cafe

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We visited on a Saturday lunchtime and were seated very quickly by the friendly and efficient staff. The food was outstanding, and we are fussy! My husband often comes away from restaurants disappointed and saying he could have made something better at home - and he was impressed! We had savoury pies (tarts) with salad - one of us had a vegetable pie and the other had one with bacon and they were so fresh, so tasty and the pastry was light enough, solid enough and crunchy enough. And you can have a snack size portion (£3.50) to save room for the delicious cakes made on the premises... We were delighted by all the cakes we tried between us. Also a good range of teas and cold drinks with lots of organic options (it may well have all been organic). Everything was very reasonably priced, and especially given the homemade and organic nature of the food.And then you can buy more food to take home, and gifts etc in the shop. I am very sorry I live 350 miles away or I would be making visits very regularly!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Tried this place for the first time. A very good place to have lunch. Food is quite quickly served and very tasty. Everything is organic and healthy with a great choice. To finish a walk around the shop usually ends up with a full shopping basket

Reviewed March 18, 2014

On a recommendation from my wife, we had a light lunch here today. My wife had an egg mayonnaise open sandwich (which she said was delicious). I had a beef open sandwich, with gherkin and banana relish (equally delicious). Both were served with salad and corn chips. Service was prompt and efficient. Cost was very reasonable. I was so impressed decided to buy a smoked salmon and cream cheese quiche from their farm shop which I ate for my evening meal. It was very tasty. Will most certainly be returning and probably buying one or two things for the freezer. If you are in the area, give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I went to Loch Arthur Creamery to get a selection of things for a Christmas hamper for my grandparents. They have a wide selection of biscuits, cheese, chocolates, bread, meat. They also have a wide selection of fruit and vegetables as well as jams marmalades and chutneys. You even get to try a bit of cheese before you buy.

It wasn't too badly priced at all for all the products and a basket for my hamper, it worked out at about £40. The staff are very helpful, hopefully when I go next time I will have more time to try the cafe.