“Nice Lunch”
Review of Sinos - CLOSED

Sinos
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have been here several times for lunch. It is very good food and good value for money.
Although the drinks are a little expensive.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

It's been a while since my last visit to SInos. On that occasion I wasn't impressed by the wacky menu: there were too many silly fusion dishes that simply didn't look as they would ever work and the few dishes we tried simply proved the point.

The owners have wisely toned down the menu and only a very few of these silly dishes feature on the menu. We steered clear.

My main memories of the restaurant are the inedibly hot signature dish and the cloying sweetness of some of the main course sauces.

I was warned by the owner that the house speciality was very hot. She wasn't joking. I like spicy food but this stuff was ridiculous and I hardly touched it.

We thought the prices were expensive by Dumfries standards and the quality of the food simply does not justify the prices.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very prompt service, and waitress was really friendly and cheerful.
An unusual menu choice, but lovely. Try the chicken & haggis in cream sauce.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Dumfries on business a group of colleagues went for dinner here and the food was excellent and would highly recommend.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went here on a Friday night recently with a group of girlfriends and it was a great night. The wine was really lovely and the food had a fresh, light feel to it which was nice as usually I find Chinese food is a great idea at the time but the thick, sickly sauces leaves you feeling full and a but yucky - this was nothing like that.

One of the senior waitresses (possibly the owner) took our order and was happy to mix things up for us - I wanted a particular dish but with a different sauce and she was happy to oblige. The salt and chilli chips were delicious as were the spicy prawn crackers, and the main courses were served with a little sprinkle of fresh spring onions which was a lovely touch.

The two younger staff who looked after our table didn't quite have waitressing down to a T but they were fine. For a large glass of wine, prawn crackers to start and 2 sides to share between five people it was just under £20 per head - not too bad. I would definitely go back if I was in the mood for Chinese food.