“Absolutely bloody marvellous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #4 of 133 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Uppermill, United Kingdom
“Absolutely bloody marvellous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant has got to be one of the best Italian restaurants in the country, indeed after living in Italy for a couple years in the 80's I would say its as good as the best I ever visited.
This is Dumfries and it. Has a bloody marvellous Italian restaurant. The menu caters for all tastes and budgets. The food is very authentic Italian and was first class. The young staff are very efficient and friendly. The building is so unique, looks like an old byre, yet very contemporary and chic. Loved it. 10/10.

Visited April 2013

“What a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have to say this is probably my favourite restaurant I have been to for a few years. The food was outstanding and our waitress was very friendly and welcoming, she seemed to really enjoy what she did and took the time to speak to us, even though it was very busy. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. Thanks for the lovely service and amazing food will be back very soon. A special thank you to our waitress (I think her name was Jamima).

• Visited April 2013
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went here for a spur of the moment lunch on Easter Monday,and was very pleasantly surprised.This restaurant has it all...beautiful decor,excellent food and lovely welcoming staff.I would highly recommend the place whatever the occasion and will definitely be returning in the future.

• Visited April 2013
Dumfries, Scotland
“One of the best meals I've ever had in Dumfries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food, presentation and service were all first class. I've not had a better meal anywhere in Dumfries. The restaurant was very busy but with a happy buzz and the staff seemed genuinely happy to serve. Well done and keep it up . You deserve all the plaudits

• Visited March 2013
Scotland
“Good atmosphere and surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Interesting glass works on the walls, and pleasing pictures - certainly not designed by a minimalist. Service attentive on arrival, delivering meal, taking dessert order, but not always listening: on three occasions we were asked if everything was OK and did we need more drinks (Taking the dessert order, delivering the dessert and whilst the dessert was being eaten). On each occasion we said we would like tea after the dessert and that we had already ordered this. Surprising, then that we had to repeat this as dishes were cleared. When it came there was enough in the pot for one cup each, no hot water. Decided not to risk asking again. The Pizza Napoletana I had was tasty but doughy - I prefer a crispy base, but that's personal taste. My co-diner had Calzone and enjoyed it. Sticky toffee pudding was good. Two soft drinks (both driving) added to the bill, for a reasonable total of £40.
Would I go back - probably at sometime, some rather wonderful looking seafood pasta on the menu to try.

• Visited March 2013