“Top Notch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Amazing meal. Steaks cooked to perfection! Nice atmosphere and good service. Will definitely be back

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was our first visit to Primo Piano but won't be our last. The bruschetta starters were lovely, the fillet steak was cooked to perfection & absolutely delicious, & the mint aero cheesecake (which we shared as it was huge!) was to die for!
The staff were very friendly & helpful.
The only negative was the drink prices, £4 for a sambuca is more what you would expect to pay in Glasgow city center, not a wee Dumfries restaurant.
I would recommend this restaurant & will be back.

1  Thank Joel1968
Reviewed May 12, 2013

First time to Primo Piano, how did I not know about this place? Food was just lovely, nothing too much bother, I asked if they could make me a tomato based chicken dish which wasn't on the menu and they delivered, I wasn't disappointed it was just so tasty....so look out for the "Pollo Carolina" ha-ha. Friendly relaxed atmosphere, reasonably priced, will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been to Primo Piano on a few occasions, most recently with my sister and her fiance. I had been raving to them about it following previous visits - so much so that, when they came down from Glasgow to see me, it was THEM who suggested I take them there for an evening meal, and I couldn't have been more delighted to do so.

I have sampled a number of different dishes from the menu. All I can really say is, don't go here expecting your average Italian pasta and meatballs or pizza - this is definitely a cut above. The bruscetta platter is a great way to start a meal, with lots of unusual and nonetheless tasty varieties to share. The balsamic glaze steak was great too - each of us wanted it cooked slightly differently and none of us were disappointed.

More than just the food, I love the atmosphere of the place. It's an unusual but cosy setting where you can talk to the people at your table without having to shout - as I've found to be a problem in a number of places I've eaten. The staff are friendly and every time I have been, I've seen the chef make the effort to take time out from her busy night in the kitchen to walk round the tables, greeting the customers and add that extra bit to the whole experience.

Definitely a place worth going to if you're a local - or if you're visiting family or friends. Put it this way - my sister and her fiance used to say their favourite meal was a balsamic glaze steak at a rather nice restaraunt in Edinburgh - they've changed their minds now!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Go here regularly. Lovely food and friendly service. Excellent core menu and interesting specials. Highly recommended.