“Enjoyable visit”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Enjoyable visit”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my first visit to this restaurant,although my wife had been before,and I was not disappointed. The restaurant is very tastefully set out and intimate,waiters were attentive but not overly so,menu is quite extensive,wine a bit pricy but no worse than many other places. Overall we had a lovely meal,presented very well,but I have to say that I do enjoy a good cup of Espresso at the end of my meal - and I was REALLY disappointed with the one I received. I am sorry to say it was one of the worst I have ever Had. I did explain to the waiter that I wished this to be passed on to the staff. Apart from this I would certainly return and would recommend it to friends.

1 Thank sandysherry1

Scotland, United Kingdom
“Average Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

First visit to this small restaurant, but doubt if we'll hurray back. Food was average, and vegetables which appeared to be roasted were almost unrecognisable, and roast potatoes very ordinary. Floor was covered in crumbs underneath our table, either from previous customers, or most probably the previous day!, as our meal was early and the place was quiet. Also, due to the warm weather, there were a lot of flies in the room due to the front door being wedged open. They need to invest in some sort of fly screen, as no one wants flies buzzing round when you are eating. Certainly not the best restaurant in Dumfries by a long way.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Consistently the best restaurant in Dumfries”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've been here on a number of occasions, in small and large groups and as a couple and i always come away feeling like i've got total value for money - really high quality food in pleasant surroundings with attentive service. La Dolce Vita always delivers. i've reviewed it before but so often people dont re-review places.

i've sampled a lot of the dishes and would happily recomend it to meat eaters, vegetarians and especially seafood fans... so pretty much all bases covered...

All the staff are pleasant, knowledgable and unobtrusive, you can't ask for any more!

“second visit”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

this is my second time at la dolce vita and i was not disapointed. I had a lamb dish and it was cooked to perfection and so tender, so well done Laura who is the chef and the owner. She should be very proud of her staff as they look after you so well. This has got to be the best italian restaurant in Dumfries and Galloway. P.S. try the gamborini for a starter it is to die for.

• Visited June 2013
“First Class”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have been to this restaurant several times recently and it is always a first class experience from start to finish. Nice surroundings, excellent food & service, what more can you ask for!

Visited June 2013