“At last.....something different!”

Cuisines: International
Description: Recently taken over by new owners
Description: Recently taken over by new owners
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Tried Leccornia after seeing it mentioned in D&G Life. Really enjoyed my Tapas plate and appreciated being able to choose from a good selection. I had the olives ,cheese and pate. I have never eaten that many olives in one sitting before and don't know how they make any profit! Lovely chutney (fig). My companion had soup which could have been thicker but was tasty. Only (slight) let down was the toilet, the floor needs some attention and seems really unstable round the loo which feels as though it may be sinking. Very enthusiastic owner who is obviously passionate about her healthy wares but perhaps a diet drink option could still be on offer. All in all a very very good place to lunch and I wish them great success with this venture.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I regularly visit Dumfries as I live in the region and have never seemed to find a cafe that I would really like to go back to. Until now! Visited yesterday after seeing it advertised in a local paper and wasn't disappointed. Fresh, clean, modern decor and tables. A friendly and helpful welcome from the staff. We both had soup, carrot and coriander and lentil. Both were lovely. Bread was nice and fresh, but my friend would have liked to have been asked/offered brown bread with the soup. We both had scone with cream and jam, again lovely. So too was the mocha and the cappuccino.
An interesting and healthy menu, with tapas selection, pate, home made quiches etc. Will definitely be visiting again!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

On a recent visit to Dumfries, we searched for a nice lunch spot for ages and finally found Leccornia on St. Andrew Street. What a find! It's recently been taken over by new owners and we had a lovely lunch there. Fantastic home made soups and yummy bread. Lots of very tempting home baking too, a nice deli counter and more goodies for sale (preserves, speciality teas etc..) The staff were really friendly and welcoming and it's definitely a cut above most of the other cafes we saw in Dumfries. If we lived in the area, there is no doubt that we'd be regulars!

1  Thank TiaMaria01