Table Table Solway Gate
Ranked #89 of 136 Restaurants in Dumfries
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Now, don't get me wrong. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this pub/restaurant!

I stayed in the adjacent Premier Inn, and ate here the first night of my visit. Service was quick, friendly and the food was fine.

However, I'm going to be working here for some months and can't see me eating here on more than the odd occasion, and that will only be for convenience.

As said, no problems at all, but it's just uninspiring! Get some variety on the menu for heavens sake! How about a lovely locally reared haggis-stuffed chicken?

Breakfast also fine for those staying over, standard Premier Inn fayre.

1  Thank Craigo1973

Reviewed April 15, 2013

What should have been a night of celebration and a nice meal for 12, turned into a night of ordering meals, starters and mains, and sending the vast majority back as the food was inedible. After talking to the Duty Manager he agreed that on this occasion they had let us down with the standard and presentation of the food offering. he did say ' we were not the only ones to complain '
that evening.
The staff including the Duty Manager handled our complaint well and i was satisfied with the outcome, but i will think very carefully before using a Whitbread Inn again.
Or, were we just unlucky on the night !!!!

1  Thank rhm100
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed in the Premier Inn and had our breakfast in the Table Top Solway Gate the following morning. Good selection, tasty cooked breakfast with eggs whatever way you like them. Only gripe not hot water on tap for tea / coffee. Hot water provided in large thermos flasks and therefore not always as hot as you would like for your tea.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a meal here while staying in Dumfries, and i was delighted with the food as well as the service.

I had two courses and both courses arrived after only a short wait. The service was very prompt, and the portions of a generous size.

I'll be back next time im in Dumfries.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I ate here whilst staying at the adjacent Premier Inn.

Naomi at breakfast was attentive and tried in a pleasant way to have a bowl of porridge. The cooked food was quite generous.

Back in the evening for an evening meal. Shown to my table by Anna and looked after by Stewart. Food came promptly and I would recommend the ice cream :)

All in all a most pleasant dining experience, and if ever this way again, would visit again.