“Mabie newbies”
Review of 7stanes - Mabie

7stanes - Mabie
Ranked #17 of 49 things to do in Dumfries
More attraction details
Owner description: Mabie Forest, the original mountain biking venue in the south west of Scotland. Mabie lies just a few miles south of Dumfries and caters for beginners right through to the most expert of riders.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just did green route. Fantastic weather provided us with stunning views from viewpoints along the way. Green route ideal for non experienced. Will try blue next time.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a great trail for those just starting out and those looking to test their skills a bit more. As part of a week long tour of all the Stanes we rode this in the afternoon having been battered by Dalbeattie in the morning...

...so legs were a bit tired, but a MONSTER bargain hot chocolate at The Shed gave us the boost we needed.

The Red Route remains a favourite, and work on the bermed single track has made it even faster - so a huge thankyou to all those who'v put the time into improving the experience.

This is technical enough to challenge, but not in the relentless way Dalbeattie is: you can safe roll most of the features if pumping the front suspension and clearing them at speed isn't for you.

If you don't have your own bike then The Shed will hire you a good spec hard tail at very reasonable prices.

Make sure you pay the car park fee. It's not that there are wardens, it's just that the trails are free and every little bit helps the Forestry Commission.

1  Thank duffa101
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Visited twice in the last week

The first time we started from the car park, the trail was brilliant as always not to techincal but nice and flowing .

The down side comes from the cafe, the staff in the cafe are not interested in the customers at all, I ordered a burger after waiting 5 minutes for the lady to finish making the salad for another meal instead of taking my order and letting me go back out side with my group, the burger was small and nothing special but averagely priced.

I went back in later to get a drink and I was waiting to be served and two member of staff were more interested in talking about a holiday than serving me so I walked out after waiting about 5 minutes .

The second time I rode from my holiday lodge it was a good ride but it was very wet the. Trail still rides really well

Overall a brilliant trail but a poorly run Cafe

Reviewed August 24, 2012

we had no idea what this place was til we were about to leave mabie house hotel and saw it on the way out. great fun for kids. and adults too!!! great park and woodland walks.the adults were fighting over the zip wire!! it really was a great end to our scotland wedding trip. there are toilets here too which is always useful¬!!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have just got back from are daughers wedding on the 4th August we are still on a high from the wedding.The hospitality was 10 /10 and the food was 11/10. The whole weekend will live with us for years to come. We wish you both a long and happy life in your hotel.You did us proud we will return again and will be recommending you to others, many thanks Mr and Mrs Garrard