“move from ninth place to third place”
Review of Pizzeria il Fiume

Pizzeria il Fiume
Ranked #25 of 136 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Four of us went to eat and it was magnificent. Italian cooking of the first order. One rule I have kept to is that Italian and Cantonese restaurants know how to treat seafood.
The seafood here is amazingly good; the catch of the day platter is beyond description, usually five or six varieties.
Another rule, if you visit an italian restaurant at night never have pasta or pizza, these are 'filler' foods. Eat the meat and seafood dishes. You are out to enjoy yourself socially not biologically.
There is a relaxed atmosphere during the service and staff are very attentive. Even the large lady at an opposite table was attentive, looking at our clothes, listening to our conversation and being socially inferior.
I cannot stress this enough, go and eat here.

4  Thank ramede

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

The only problem with this restaurant is finding it! Sat mac guidance is poor and the darkness around it is verging on dangerous. However, the food was stunning. Could not be faulted. My Calzone was the best I have had in years. Highly recommended but find it in the light so you know where you are going.

3  Thank robs279
Milan C, Owner at Pizzeria il Fiume, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear customer,
Thankyou for your review about our establishment on your recent visit. The Sat Nav problem is well known to us simply Dock Park area is not listed at all in any of the navigations. We do not have any control of that as we can only hope it will get fixed in the near future. Our Restaurant has been established for over 40 years, there is a major refurbishment in the Dock Park this year and hopfully it will improve the outside lighting too, especially for the visitors in the Winter months. We would like to extend a warm welcome in the near future.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I booked and asked for a booth as this was for my friends 40th with the girls, food was amazing and had recommendations. The waiter had advised myself and sister to share our starter as it was a very large portion. This was a very wise choice. With my main course myself and sister shared a pasta and pizza and the waiter asked if we would like it plated half and half. Food was amazing and not too expensive, lovely feel to the restaurant. We will certainly be back

2  Thank sandra c
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The staff were friendly and helpful at all times and even added to the relaxed feeling of the restaurant by joking and making us laugh. Still being very respectful and professional.
The meal was exquisite, tasty, unusual and very well presented. There was a good choice on the menu, of both old favourites and more unusual dishes.
All in all, I loved my dining experience at Pizzeria, so much so, that I have booked again for next friday evening

2  Thank bill s
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My partner and I came here for our 5 year anniversary and it was everything we expected! We booked our table a couple weeks in advance as we knew it would be busy. We dined on a tuesday night at 7pm. We were shown to our seats immediately and boy, you would never guess this was mid-week as the atmosphere was electric! We were amazed at how quickly we were served and the food was divine! Menu has a twist on the food we normally eat. Would highly recommend this and will definitely be back! :)

2  Thank craig m