“Lovely coffee house!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Dumfries
Cuisines: Scottish, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Coffee shop and Christian bookshop.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I came in here for a quick lunch with a friend and was curious to see what it was like as I hadn't been in for a long time.
I had a lovely soup and toastie for £5, which is a decent lunch deal and I also had a great milkshake.
I was pleased to see the decor has been improved since my last visit, it is now very modern and cosy and I love that the cafe is also a book shop.
I will hopefully be back soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We called in here for a reccie as we were going later that evening to watch some live music. I loved the place straight away. It is really homely. The coffee was fantastic with a really good selection of different teas. You can just wander around looking at all the books and other things for sale. I bought a little Japanese tea cup, During the three days were were in Dumfries we visited three times. On the second occasion I had a really lovely pot of tea - blue lady. We didnt eat there as we were never hungry.
Our last visit there was on the Sunday and I was a little disappointed with the coffee, but not enough to go and complain about it.
A nice touch was jugs of tapwater and glasses - not often you see that! Staff nice and friendly.
If this place was moved to where I live, I could see myself spending all my time there. Great little place.

1  Thank PortiaLancs
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I really enjoyed my visit to Kings. The atmosphere was friendly and relaxed, and I wish it was closer to home and I could go more often. Try the scones - I had apple and cinnamon and it was absolutely gorgeous. Nice surroundings too, with books to buy and great wall displays. I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in Dumfries.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Really good coffee, atmosphere very peaceful, friendly place. Baked goods especially the scones need to be fresh, if they get that right, it would be a great place.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

For really excellent coffee, a selection of leaf teas, or a hot soup for lunch this is the place to go. What other coffee shop offers free drinking water that you can help yourself? And there is more: it has free wi-fi, and a selection of books. What about art - there are often exhibitions of paintings or quilts etc. It is so friendly, you are likely to strike up conversation with other customers or the staff - who are always willing to help.