“Another lovely experience!”
Review of Hazeldean House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dumfries
Hazeldean House
Ranked #3 of 52 Dumfries B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was in the area again for business with a colleague,I suggested staying at the Hazeldean as I'd been before. We were both welcomed in a very warm and friendly manner, our rooms were spotless and the facilities were excellent. The breakfasts were completely cooked to perfection. I cannot recommend the Hazeldean highly enough.My colleague was astonished by the value and also the service that we received.I could not fault this establishment in any way.The next time that I'm in the area I know where I'll be staying.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have seen offer comfort,quality and cleanliness,so I don't think it would matter...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David E

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great old house, full of character. Very comfortable rooms with everything supplied for a home-from-home. Loved the four poster bed, large TV, hair dryer, cotton sheets and clean en suite. Well cooked Scottish breakfast, served in a large conservatory in the beautifully maintained garden. Plenty of parking spaces in the driveway. Well situated for the hospital, train station, and town centre. Excellent value for money. I'll be back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda561
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Lovely red sandstone building! Ideally situated near the centre of Dumfries. Spacious and comfortable en suite bedrooms with tea/coffee making facilities and large television. Excellent breakfast in lovely conservative. Would recommend to anyone visiting Dumfries.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Mammahawley
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Had a lovely room with a four poster bed. It was a good size and had everything required - shower, kettle with selection of tea / coffee, tv.

Could borrow DVDs from guest lounge.

The pub I went to on Saturday was recommended by my hosts and was really good.

Breakfast in the morning was well cooked.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is my second stay at this fantastic establishment, Billy and Wilma go out of their way to make you feel welcome, I have not met anyone that has a bad word to say about it, and have personally recommended it to family and friends,If there is anyone that can find fault with this place then they must be really hard to please, the rooms are spotless, and are furnished in keeping with the age and history of this lovely house, the breakfast was done to perfection, and Billy made sure my coffee cup was never empty. I cannot praise this establishment enough, I have stayed at hotels all over the world and have yet to come across anywhere like this treasure, I was really disappointed to look and find that my last review had been removed, I don't understand why this is, maybe someone could explain this to me? It makes me wonder why, TOP MARKS TO BILLY AND WILMA! BOTTOM MARKS TO TRIP ADVISOR AS THERE WAS NO NEED FOR THIS.
Marion

Room Tip: If you are looking for something different try the bottom room as it's fantastic, definately has...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Marion B
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at Hazeldean for a business meeting for one night. I could not have been happier with the whole experience. The atmosphere was very relaxed and comfortable, very much a ‘home from home’. I stayed in the Blue room, the bed was very comfortable and the large screen TV, DVD player and free Wifi added up to better amenities than some hotels I have stayed in.

The whole house was spotlessly clean. Breakfast in the conservatory, overlooking the garden, was lovely, plentiful and hot where appropriate.

The owners were really helpful and I would not hesitate to stay again or to recommend it very highly to anyone who needs accommodation in Dumfries.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I travel all over Scotland on a regular basis and i love it when I know I am in the Dumfries area as it means I can stay at Billy & Wilmas' great B&B.you get a lovely welcome from the hosts I have stayed here at least 10 times and I have never had any cause to complain about anything I think I have stayed in every room in the house apart from the cabin which looks great it is a mock up of a ships cabin complete with ships wheel at the bottom of the bed and a captains hat if you really want toget into it Brilliant !!. The other rooms have a scottish theme about them with four poster beds which are lovely and comfortable and always warm and you have the 40" flat screen tvs and a choice of dvds from Billy's collection downstairs. Then their is the lounge room with a choice of beers and sprits a great place to unwind after a hard days work. The breakfast in the morning with Billy's relaxing music and in his lovely conservtory has alway's been very nice as I said at the start I have stayed all over scotland in mostly good hotels but this in my humble opinion is THE BEST IN SCOTLAND can't wait to be back. Mick Byers Gateshead

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business