“Fantastic hotel, don't hesitate to book”

Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Location - only a few minutes walk to town centre
Customer service - excellent. Every member of staff was friendly, welcoming and helpful
Food - we were on a dbb rate which included a 4 course meal. The food was of a very high standard both at dinner and breakfast.
Rooms - very clean. Yes they are a bit dated, but does that really matter? To me it doesn't.

This is a great hotel, with great food, hospitality and location. Don't hesitate to book.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TheBluesScotland
MatthewWallace, General Manager at Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for such an excellent review following your recent visit to the Cairndale with family.
Your comments about our staff being friendly, welcoming and helpful will be much appreciated by everyone concerned with your stay.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Okay so the decor and hotel are a little tired but aren't we all. The hotel was central, clean and welcoming. Thank you for the lovely robes, fruit and water in our room. A very nice and welcomed touch. The staff are amazing and really make customer experience of the hotel a first class stay. John in the restaurant was brilliant - he ran a tight ship and I didn't see his stop once. Similarly Maria was outstanding. She remembered I took peppermint tea which was a really nice touch. Room 15 was close enough to reception and the lift for the leisure centre. Danielle delivered a great massage and was good value at £43 for the hour. I would not bother with the hotel if the staff were not as outstanding as they are. They really want you to have a great experience which makes all the difference.

Room Tip: Room 15 was nicely presented and close to reception. It was quiet as it overlooks the back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed for a weekend with our baby son. Good room with infant cot and plenty of space. All the staff were very friendly. We enjoyed a swim with our son and the facilities were far better than we'd expected from a three star hotel.
The food was good but with a young family we would really have appreciated a 6pm dinner (service didn't start till 6:30).

Room Tip: Room 90 was very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent visit to the Cairndale.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a family room for a wedding.

The room was a great size but a bit tired and in need of redecoration, but was good for what we needed.

All the waiting staff at dinner and breakfast service were fantastic and spent time talking to our 2 year old.

Checking in and out took a few minutes by cheery staff.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review.
It's very much appreciated by everyone concerned with your stay.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights as I was working in Dumfries for a few days. The staff are friendly and made me feel very welcome from the minute I stepped in the door. My room was lovely the beds are massive! The food was great too. On my second night I went to check out the leisure facilities. Steam room Sauna Jaccuzi and Pool were all very clean. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gaynor M

Hi Gaynor,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review following your recent visit to the Cairndale.
I was delighted to hear that you're already looking to stay with us again, and if you're planning to visit on a regular basis we'd be pleased to negotiate a special corporate rate.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I used this hotel as a stopover whilst on business.

An old hotel and an old clientele. This actually was good, no noisy neighbours. Plenty of parking. There are leisure facilities, but I didn't use them. Wifi was good.

The room was ok, a little tired, but you forget this with the very helpful staff. Breakfast was good, set me up for the day.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your excellent feedback. I was a little surprised by your comment about the "age" of our guests and this was probably just a snapshot on the night you visited.
Our clientele change all the time and it's always interesting to be able to welcome so many guests from around the world ( young and old alike! ).
This week alone we've had the pleasure of welcoming members of the Fiji Commonwealth Games team, Japanese tourists, a Danish Gardening group, German motorcyclists and large numbers of Chinese Students.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had an overnight stay here with my wife in July 2014 and would easily recommend. We stayed in room 19 and although a little on the small side it was very comfortable and clean with the bathroom looking like it had been given a recent refurb. We both made use of the leisure club, sauna, stream room, pool and well equipped gym. I note an earlier review marked the hotel down because of the bar prices, they are slightly higher than High St prices, but is that not normal for a hotel? What really impressed me about this hotel was the staff, every single member of staff that I came in contact with was extremely warm and friendly and appeared to genuinely care that we were both having a positive experience, that made us feel very valued customers.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JDKDY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Friars Carse Country House Hotel
Travelodge Dumfries
Travelodge Dumfries
#6 of 7 in Dumfries
Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel

Been to Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!