All reviews wowcher deal garden centre the penthouse wedding reception solway firth dining room high standard course evening meal jacuzzi bath an overnight stay superior room log fire staff were lovely wedding venue old building both nights food was lovely
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for 2 nights for my step sons wedding.I booked a family room and was very impressed with it. It was extremely spacious and very tastefully decorated . The chrome 4 poster bed was certainly a wow factor. If I had to be picky I would say that being able to hear a buzzing noise when the bathroom fan was in use in the room next door was unfortunate but hey - its a hotel- and such noises are common place.

We found all the staff to be very friendly - especially McKenzie who served us in the bar on the first night. We dined in the restaurant on the first night and the menu offered many different dishes and we found it hard to make a choice as there were several we wanted to try.

As a wedding venue it was excellent catering for small intimate groups to larger gatherings .

I would definitely recommend and I would love to stay here again.

Room tip: Some rooms are yet to be upgraded so make sure you get a refurbed one . The ones at the front will get noise from late guests departing .
Date of stay: September 2019
RAD-Hotel-Group, Manager at Hetland Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear YorkBonBon,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel,

I will look into the buuzing noise in the bathroom and take my apologies for this inconvenience.

We look forward to seeing yous again.

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

Very disappointed with mini dessert, one raspberry, one strawberry and 3 blueberries - mini didn’t describe it and staff response wasn’t too concerned! Good lunch otherwise, mains better than the rest.

Trip type: Traveled with family
RAD-Hotel-Group, Manager at Hetland Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am sorry to hear your disappointment with our mini tarts, I have spoken with our head chef regarding this and we both send our apologies about this.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

Booked a table for my birthday meal. Service wasn’t great at the reception- we waited for a good 7 mins before the receptionist even acknowledged us. Starters were fine but same couldn’t be said for mains. Lasagna had been microwaved and was dry but to try and hide this, cheese was put on top then put under the grill and it had been burnt. Chicken tempura was Meant to be a main dish but they brought out the starter. Server took chicken away but left the lasagna. Waited another 10 mins for chicken and it was a puddle of grease. By this time the lasagna was cold. No one checked if everything was ok. No one asked us if we’d like condiments. Overheard waitress telling other diners not to order the trio of brûlée because they were only ‘ steengy wee portions’! Not a pleasant birthday meal experience! Very disappointing as I know how good the other RAD venues are! Wasn’t going to post this publicly and did send a private response and feedback. However, no one acknowledged this so hence the public post!

Date of stay: August 2019

Dear Louise,

If you wish to dicuss this futher, feel free to contact myself at the hotel at any time by telephone or email myself at bryce.wilson@rad.ltd.uk

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

Just returned from a couple of days here and it was brilliant, stayed in the Eden suite which was amazing with a jacuzzi bath,very comfy bed and the room was massive,had breakfast and dinner in the hotel which was lovely,hotel was very clean and staff were very helpful would highly recommend a stay here.

1  Thank BrianTeasdale

Dear Brian,

Thank you for great feedback regarding our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our amazing Eden suite.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2019

Myself and my husband have booked a three night stay at this beautiful hotel after the first night I am confident enough to report on a wonderful hotel with the most amazing food and decor but more importantly a team who care about the clientele thank you Bryce and Jade you really care about this place and it shows

1  Thank Linda P

Dear Linda,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your gratitude onto Jade and thank you for your kind words and positive feedback

I look forward to greeting you again at Hetland Hall Hotel, it was a pleasure meeting you both.