Best Western Station Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Inn Dumfries(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
$127
$102
Hotels.com
$161
$103
All reviewscourtyard bistroopposite the train stationjacuzzi bathample free parkingtraditional hotelbusiness triptown centregood sizelounge barsteakhuge bedlovely hotelthree nightsnight porterroom was spaciousbeautiful buildingstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on Friday 31st January 2014 and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. From the minute you walk into the hotel to be met by a very friendly lady who talks you through the facilities of the hotel. I found all the staff in this hotel very friendly and helpful and they go that extra mile to help you with anything you ask of them, all this done with a smile on their face.
The room we were allocated was very nice with a very comfortable bed and the room was comfortably warm and very clean.
We had our evening meal and once again the standard was very high as was the breakfast in the morning.
I know where i will be laying my head on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoeMrp
Reviewed January 28, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at the Station Hotel during a business trip in January 2014. The hotel was recommended by a colleague who had stayed there before. It's located close to the middle of Dumfries and has lots of free parking.

I found all the staff I encountered to be attentive and friendly. My room was small but perfectly comfortable and scrupulously clean. The room had a flat screen TV on the wall, a desk, wardrobe, comfortable bed with lots of pillows and a somewhat temperamental reading lamp The bathroom had a good, powerful shower. There was secondary glazing inside the sash windows so there were no problems with outside noise from the street or the railway. I couldn't pick up the free wifi in my room but this didn't bother me too much.

I ate at the hotel restaurant both nights of my stay and found the food to be of good quality and reasonable value. The cooked breakfast in the morning was nothing special but the service was good.

The hotel has a solid Edwardian feel and a good amount of character. I find travelling for work to be pretty horrible but it's made a lot less horrible if you stay somewhere nice. The Station Hotel certainly ticks that box and I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
AileenMcGhie, Owner at Best Western Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

A Best Western traveler