Best Western Station Hotel
Holiday Inn Dumfries(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
$131
$69
$101
$95
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$91
Priceline
Marthrown of Mabie(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
$56
$54
Rivendell B&B(Dumfries)
Travelodge Dumfries(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
Hamilton House(Dumfries)
Glenlossie Guest House(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Glenaldor House(Dumfries)
All reviewscourtyard bistroopposite the train stationjacuzzi bathample free parkingtraditional hotelbusiness triptown centregood sizelounge barsteakhuge bedlovely hotelthree nightsnight porterroom was spaciousbeautiful buildingstayed one night
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel to visit relatives. It was lovely, service good, room clean, staff polite, manager welcoming. Didn't try food as ate out with relatives, but might on a future trip. Would book again. Easy to find, in town centre, within walking distance of town.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Have just returned from a wedding held in the hotel. With mum and 2 children aged 4 and 8. We booked adjoining twin rooms. Both Rooms were lovely and comfortable, large tvs, lovely armchairs, clean,well stocked tea trays, iron board and iron, hairdryer and both rooms were of a nice size. So felt like a suite. The staff were lovely, friendly and very helpful. It is not your modern style hotel, but better, as a traditional railway hotel it has been upkept and maintained to a standard befitting its age.There is even a herb garden outside. It would be lovely if all our cities had kept their railway hotels like this one. There were many lovely seating areas outwith the main public rooms. The children could amuse themselves without bothering other guests. The wedding meal and reception were also very enjoyable. All in all a lovely hotel with great atmosphere.which made the whole experience very satisfying to guests of all ages.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel hits the right note on most things - it is an old fashioned, comfortable, station hotel. It is not fancy or swish. I like this about it. It is very convenient if arriving by train - you just cross the road when leaving the station and there you are. It reminded me of hotels I stayed in as a child (I am not far away from 50!) with anaglypta wallpaper and patterned carpets and just the one lift as a special treat.The very thing. It was clean and comfortable, and the room had pretty much all the things you would want (tip - new hairdryers please). I thought the staff were excellent and helpful, in particular those on reception. The breakfast was first rate, although I will criticise the re-laying of tables in the restaurant while people were waiting for service. Never acceptable. The drawback of it being the station hotel is that you will hear trains but I like this noise.
Overall I thought it was good value for money and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the station because the rooms have a good view. If you are a poor sleeper ask for the other side because of the trains.
1  Thank Gwen B
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Other Best Western Station Hotel is a tradition family run hotel conveniently located near the centre of Dumfries. The hotel provides a high level of friendly and professional service to all its customers. It overs good value for money compared to similar 3* establishments in the town. It has a pleasant bar and a bistro restaurant!! The full Scottish breakfast keeps you going for the day and the a la carte dinner menu offers a good selection of popular and traditional options. The room was clean and well proportioned. All in all a good value hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My sister's wedding was at the station hotel. The hotel itself was a little dated looking and in the room where my sister was married they hadn't even bothered replacing all the blown bulbs in the lights (there were at least six).

The staff where great however their whole side was let down by their boss. This woman has no idea how to treat people, on our first meeting she was dressing down a member of her staff in front of the entire wedding party.

The rain came down heavy and myself and the best man went outside for a cigarette, we didn't realise some of the smoke was drifting inside a little. If she had asked us to shut the door then we would have without complaint, if she asked us to move, we would have without complaint (we were not managing to stay dry at all anyway). Instead she stormed out, called us both disgusting and said we were smoking inside her hotel which was of course a load of rubbish.

When we walked back inside the couple eating said they hadn't made a complaint and couldn't smell it and didn't care. So I went to reception to complain and was told that she has every right to speak to me like a dog and further she could fine me £200 which was lie as there was a sign on the toilet door saying £50 by the way there were not even any no smoking signs outside the door or a distance from the door sign or anything.

I don't know who she thinks she is but I wasn't the only one to have a run in with her. My Aunt asked her to put a champagne bottle in the bridal suit and was told very abruptly "well I dont have anyone available to do it! Do you expect me to do it myself!" well actually yes you lazy, arrogant, ignoramus!

Then she shouted at my uncle for daring to walk into a hotel and greet people he knew without telling her who he was. She then shouted at my cousin for something very minor.

This woman single handedly ruins her own hotel, the rest of her staff were perfect. She is her own worst enemy and if we were lesser people she could've ruined the whole night.

I run my own business and before that I served ten years in the Army, I went to Iraq and Afghanistan and I can honestly say I have NEVER been spoken to like that before in my life. From a business mans perspective I am AMAZED that she is still in business if that is typical behaviour, I would not dream of talking to my customers like that. Shamefull woman, shamefull performance I hope this review costs her enough money to teach her a lesson!

Room Tip: The Hotel is nice enough, but if you want polite service go somewhere else.
16  Thank Phil M