“Excellent value for money & friendly staff”
Review of The India Palm

The India Palm
Ranked #35 of 133 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Excellent value for money & friendly staff”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Went for the Sunday buffet & found it great value for money. Not the widest selection of food available but what was there was good quality. It was very clean with nice friendly staff. Well done guys, carry on & do what you do well. Thanks for the travel info too.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

What a disappointment the India Palm turned out to be for myself and nine work colleagues. We had to wait an eternity for a waiter to come to the table to order drinks and it was at least 20 minutes before the drinks arrived. We waited for at least another 30 minutes before we could order our meal, lots of confusion as to what menu we were ordering from. Everyone at our table loves Indian food and have visited various restaurants in the UK, the curries we were served were defiantly not what we ordered. I ordered a phaal and was served something that resembled a bhuna, others had ordered madras and were served up insipid roghan josh lookalikes. The portions we were served would not looked out of place at a nursery school taster menu, 4 bits of meat, splash of sauce and a handful of rice. The naan bread was more like pan fried Indian flatbread covered in oil and cut into small triangles to stretch it out. I complained about the service, the waiter agreed with my comments and gave us a free round of drinks that took ages to arrive. I personally will not return to the India Palm, it was a huge disappointment.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jackdaniels26
Johnstone, United Kingdom
“Very nice meal”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times and every time the food has been great and the staff have been attentive. The restaurant itself is very modern and attractive. The only issue I have is that when you are shown to your table you are asked if you would like poppadums and I assumed these were complementary but they do charge you for them! Overall, I would recommend this restaurant as a great place to take family or friends.

• Visited October 2012
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent. No complaints”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Recently myself and my two drunken friends took a notion for a curry. Knowing that The India Palm has an excellent reputation we chose to go there.

We were greeted by two very lovely young men who seated us at a table. We for some reason decided that the table was not suitable for us but they were more than happy to shift us to one of our choosing.

The service and food they gave us was second to none. They were happy to put up with our banter and we felt welcome enough to have chats with the staff. Although they were busy nothing seemed a bother.

I did feel guilty about the mess we left the table in but they didn't seem to mind and even gave us free drinks at the bar when we left.

If you are looking for a fun night out with excellent Indian cuisine I'd recommend this place. It's really the only place to go if you want good Indian food. See you soon guys!

1 Thank Claire R
Mauchline, United Kingdom
“Very Tasty!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was our second visit and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food was fresh, good quality and the portions generous. Very reasonably priced and service was friendly and efficient. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2012