Premier Inn Dumfries Hotel(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
$40
Hamilton House(Dumfries)
Glenaldor House(Dumfries)
Southpark House(Locharbriggs)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshighland chickendining roomwhiskey saucedaily specials menuchicken stroganoffwide menuoverlooking the estuaryenjoyed their foodfab viewslovely family runkingsize bedlovely mealbooked a tablecaerlaverock castlefamily mealpub foodfirst class
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I went out for a meal last night. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Nith has been newly decorated. The wallpaper is still very in keeping with the traditional feel of the place. All they need now is a new, perhaps plainer carpet - and the place will be stunning!
Our meal was - as ever - perfect! My boyfriend had a steak, which was cooked to his exact requirement with no error at all. On first glance it looks small, then he cut into it and it was the thickest steak I've ever seen!! He opted for the whiskey sauce with it, I really wish they bottled the stuff to sell! I also had It with my chicken. It's so tasty and complimentary to the food without being over powering.
The waitress we had was lovely, and very helpful. All of the staff we encountered seemed approachable, and very interested in what they do.
It's the same family that have run the hotel for years, but it's now the daughter. She's putting her own stamp on the place whilst keeping the traditional feel, great food and lovely welcoming ambience. Can't rate this place highly enough!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We regularly visit the Nith Hotel for a meal out. The food is always of a very high standard, I've never once had any complaints.
We went for my partners mums birthday in May and yet again weren't disappointed!
The waitress was friendly and knowledgable when asked about certain dishes, and when I was being picky about my veg and not wanting broccoli, nothing was too much trouble and I didn't feel like a nuisance.
Both our starters and main courses were excellent, and the portions were very generous. So generous not one of us managed a dessert!!
The decor is a little dated here - the carpet is threadbare in places. The walls are stained with I presume spilled food in bits too - but that's the only criticism. It definitely doesn't detract from the great food, food service, or excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Had bar meals with my husband and 2 children. Sat in the restaurant, firstly noticed that food was all over the Walls at table 17. Ordered children's meals to come out with starters and got told it would happen with no problems - not the case!!! They came out by the time we has finished our starters where we could not enjoy this and then they came out later on. Ordered drinks an our children's fruit shoots came and they were out of date. No replacement could be offered as they "were all out" but had a fridge full at the beginning.! Food was not great- all Pre heated food where it had just been warmed up. Kids was burnt. Service was appalling as the waitress just was not interested in anything and the other older lady was just a nervous wreck wandering around. No apology and then had the cheek to charge us for the fruit shoots out of date as well as replacement drinks.. Will not be back again and will not be recommending this to anyone...

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank DayTrip803574
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Went to the Nith for a meal with seven other people. The food was excellent, reasonably priced and the service was great!! Will definitely go back! The only negative thing to say about it is that it could do with a little modernization on the decoration.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Did not stay but visited the restaurant one Sunday night, had not booked so unfortunately did not get the best view out of the panoramic window in the restaurant, but the food was very good and all three of us enjoyed it. There was food splattered up the wall next to where we sat which was why I didn't feel it was 5/5.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family