All reviewshighland chickendining roomwhiskey saucedaily specials menuchicken stroganoffwide menuoverlooking the estuaryenjoyed their foodfab viewslovely family runkingsize bedlovely mealbooked a tablecaerlaverock castlefamily mealpub foodfirst class
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Four of us dined in here on one evening and found both starters and main courses to be of a very good quality, excellent service from friendly staff.Well worth a visit if you are staying in the vicinity.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank victor061
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We stayed at the Nith Hotel chiefly for its proximity to Caerlaverock National Nature Reserve which we had planned to visit. We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and the roaring fire was very welcoming as we arrived on a very wet and windy day. On arrival we were shown to our room which was quite chilly as the window had been left open, presumably to air it, so it took a while to warm the place up. The room was clean, comfortable bed and very quiet at night. The lunchtime and evening meal menus were very good with specials on offer too. Disappointingly we were told there wasnt any availability in the restaurant on the Friday night so we ate in the bar area, though thought it was strange when we could see empty tables unoccupied all evening in the restaurant! . We made sure we booked a table for the Saturday night which was a good thing as the hotel was very busy with a Burns Supper evening. The breakfasts were very good, full cooked, or other items on offer such as porridge, kippers, scrambled eggs etc. Overall a good hotel, very nicely located with lovely views over the river and ideally situated for visiting Dumfries and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Menscryfa
Reviewed August 5, 2010

my wife and l came across this hotel by chance , we stayed one night , and found it to be a relaxing nights stay. ln the evening we ordered a meal from a decent menu and found it very enjoyable. The scenery from the dinning room windows is first class. We also found the cooked breakfast very enjoyable and not greasy like the previous writer quoted. The only downside was that the bedroom was cold in the evening a fact stated by two other guests on there rooms , other than that everything else was fine.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigjorge10
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I came across this hotel as I was driving along the banks of the river Nith. It looks grand and it has a fantastic view of the riverside scenery from the restaraunt, it was late in the season and great to be greeted by the warm roaring fire which added to the welcome tremendously. Thumbs up for that!

On the negative side I had an interesting experience wherby after being allocated a room I noticed that the bed hadn't been made so I contacted reception I was given another room no problem. Later it became obvious that this change of occupancy had not been recorded in all the places it should have been recorded because someone unlocked the door and walked in on me with another guest. Apologies accepted it can happen I guess. However after a lovely meal in the restaruant and a couple of drinks I returned to my room and started to settle down for the night. Low and behold about 10:30pm the door opened again and here was a member of staff with yet another guest in tow! You have to laugh don't you!

The food in the evening was fantastic I'd definitely recommend it!
Rooms were clean and well equipped.
Other than that the cooked breakfast was just ok I thought it was a bit greasy.
Service was great but I have to mark it low due to the visitors to my room!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business