“good restuarant”

Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Selkirk
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

husband and I had lovely evening meal . This is not the first time we have been. Everytime we have gone we have been impressed with the fresh cooked food .Amazing service from Phil.Very friendly and attentive. On this occasion I ordered Eyemouth battered fish. It was by far the best fish I have tasted in any restaurant.

Lovely small family run bar and restaurant

Well done to Gill and Phil. Keep up the good work

4  Thank Fiona A
511philb, Owner at The Smiddy Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated. We will continue to 'keep up the good work' and look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Shared a lovely meal here with the family. Fresh and cooked to perfection. Great choice for both adults and children. Staff very hospitable and really friendly. Great atmosphere. Cant wait to return.

9  Thank Pammi37
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were looking for a good all round restaurant that sold good honest food and the Smiddy certainly fits the bill. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and I only wished I had room for dessert! The food was freshly made to order and served with a genuine interest in our enjoyment. Would we go back - definitely!

6  Thank jackie1888
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is the third visit we have made at lunch time and on each occasion we have enjoyed a well presented and well cooked meal. Delicious! Cannot wait to return for a further treat.

4  Thank Canary044
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Recently visited the restaurant with my in-laws and my kids and had a lovely meal. Good menu choice, I had the beer-battered haddock which was spot on and came with very tasty chips. Kids had sausage and chips and were very happy too. We were made very welcome and all left replete and happy, so a big tick from me!

8  Thank pjgEdinburgh
511philb, Owner at The Smiddy Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Many thanks for your review, we are really happy to hear that you all enjoyed your meal here at The Smiddy and look forward to seeing you again soon.