“Best North Indian Chicken Curry out there”
Review of Shukria Indian

Shukria Indian
Ranked #11 of 43 Restaurants in Peebles
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
“Best North Indian Chicken Curry out there”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I always look forward to Always look farward to my weekly treat of a takeaway and always use shukria as its consistently some of the best Curry's I've ever tasted. Highly recommend north Indian chilli garlic chicken its fantastic!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Wineanddine84

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very good food ~ happy to alter meal to suit your requirements”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Have been buying carryout's from here for over a year now. The food is consistently good. Can be a bit hot. Check before upgrading to a hot dish the standard version might suit best.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank 120Relaxed120
West Linton, United Kingdom
“Best curry in a long time”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Visited the Shukria based on a recommendation from a friend and we were not disappointed.

Some of the previous reviews have stated that the portions are very generous and this is certainly the case, so much so there is enough left over for another meal the next day.

I did not phone ahead and place my order which was a big mistake as on a busy Saturday night I had to wait almos 45 minutes for my order but that was my own fault and a good indication of how popular the place is.

Food was very tasty and of a very high quality, dishes in some takeaways can all taste the same but here each dish is very obviously cooked to its own individual recipe.

We had Chicken Pakora and another type of Veg Pakora that was more like Onion Bajhi but both were execellent and the accompanying sauces were very tasty too.

My wife is fussy so she wanted a Chicken Tikka Korma but to be sure she also wanted the Butter Chicken in case the Korma wasnt good, the result was that both dishes were outstanding so she had some of both.

I had a Lamb Rogan Josh and the meat was very tender and the dish very flavoursome, all in all it was excellent.

The pillau rice is very fluffy and clearly freshly made, the only let-down I would say would be the Peshwari Nan which was a more akin to the type you buy in a supermarket but that was the only complaint.

All in all, one of the best curries Ive had and I would return.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank tetstb
“Best mixed tandoori I've had”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Consistently great pakora and bhajee, have had best tandoori from there, including a surprise seafood dish you would be unlikely to get in a city place. Always punctual, friendly and love the strong flavours in main dishes. Lamb dhansak is a must. It's minor, but not being a fan of sugar, I would like naan to be less sweet.

2 Thank David M
“Mountain Biking in Glentress”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Went there for a takeaway on our 1st night. Excellent friendly service, amazing food and good value. So good in fact we went back again the following night. I wish it wasn't 400 miles away from home.

3 Thank GlennyGlenn