“Back again to our favourite B&B!”
Review of Kingsmuir House

Kingsmuir House
Ranked #1 of 13 Peebles B&B and Inns
Leeds
“Back again to our favourite B&B!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

After receiving a Christmas card following a previous trip to the wonderful Kingsmuir House, decided on a whim that we loved the place so much we just had to return!

We recieved an even warmer welcome on our second trip and felt like we'd never been away. The rooms, service and food were just as perfect as the first time plus December/Christmas in Peebles was delightful.

I have a feeling that this will become a regular trip for us just because we would make a special trip just to stay at Kingsmuir House! No mean feat at a 4 hour + drive but believe me, it really is that good!

Keep up the good work and we'll no doubt see you again :-)

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Perthshire
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had been so looking forward to our short stay at Kingsmuir House. It more than lived up to our expectation. A warm and very welcoming arrival from Malcom. We really felt looked after. I loved how Kingsmuir House supported any local producers they could. Large choice at breakfast, amazing eggs benedict with smoked salmon, homemade granola. I liked the traditional feel that the Haystoun suite had....handmade truffles, home baked shortbread, fresh flowers. Amongst my favourite things was the very luxurious bathroom with underfloor heating. What more can I say......it was wonderful, very special. I wished I could've stayed longer! We wouldn't hesitate recommending this fantastic B&B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JuneBPerthshire
Scotland
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Have just returned from 2 nights at the wonderful Kingsmuir House. I don't think we have ever stayed anywhere quite like it before. Malcolm was an exceptional host, and made us feel very welcome. We stayed in the Bonnington Suite which was beautfully furnished and we loved the roll top bath and the super comfy bed. The extra touches like the ice, truffles, fresh flowers, fruit, fresh milk for tea all made the stay extra special.
The breakfast was delicious and made with quality local produce, the apple juice was a favourite.
All in all, a first class stay and will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cinders1971
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Our second stay at Kingsmuir. Again a very pleasant experience. .Lovely breakfast, nothing to find fault with. Well worth it. So much to see around Peebles as well. Check out the range of walks in the surrounding hills, even starting straight from the front door.

Room Tip: Both suites are excellent
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank springle25
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed in many high quality guest houses and hotels over the years but have never felt strongly enough to write a review on any until now. I booked a quiet weekend break at Kingsmuir House with my sister and some friends prior to my wedding.

From the second we arrived, the service was top class. We received a warm welcome on arrival, our bags (we packed enough for two weeks!!) were all carried to our rooms for us and throughout our stay we felt nothing was too much trouble.

The house is beautiful and the bedrooms are immaculate and finished to a very high standard. Peebles is beautiful but we equally enjoyed the luxurious facilities of Kingsmuir House. From the roll top bath and heated floor in the bathroom to the super king bed and delicious truffles and beverages in our room made our stay feel very indulgent. The fresh flowers in the room were a lovely surprise. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and could not be faulted.

Kingsmuir House is a real hidden gem and we can’t wait to return in the summer. Thank you to the Mullarkey family (they really are delightful) for making our stay such wonderful relaxing break. I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ABourne367
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Kingsmuir House and from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, Malcolm could not have offered better service. The rooms are superb with every facility you would expect from a five star hotel. Fresh milk, chilled water, fresh flowers are just some of the features you will find.

Breakfast was superb and offered great variety. It is not often you can spend three nights anywhere and be unable to spot a single gremlin, but we couldn't ! Thankyou Malcolm, we hope to see you again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie A
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at Kingsmuir House with my 8 month old daughter with my husband joining us the following day for a 3 night stay. Not only did host Malcolm heroic-ly get my car up the icy driveway but as I find it impossible to pack lightly when travelling with child, he carried most of our stuff in for us and could not have been more helpful, even when tackling our dodgy travel cot! Malcolm had arranged a highchair for my daughter and was extremely flexible and helpful when it came to breakfasts and mealtimes.

The house itself is really stunning, beautifully and thoughtfully decorated and laid out. We stayed in the Haystoun suite, which has a slightly larger lounge space ideal to act as the baby's bedroom of an evening. I particularly loved the bathroom with it's heated floor and roll top bath, and little touches such as the ready and waiting ice bucket, truffles and shortbread, really helped make the break feel luxurious.

Easy walking distance from lovely Peebles town centre makes Kingsmuir House all the more attractive. With the baby we tended to eat out at lunchtime or early evening, and return to the house for a relaxing night.

I would not hesitate to recommend Kingsmuir House both for it's luxury and Malcolm's welcome. We really hope to visit again!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank MrsStadward
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peebles
Tontine Hotel Peebles Scottish Borders
Mercure Peebles Barony Castle Hotel
Castle Venlaw Hotel
Castle Venlaw Hotel
#4 of 8 in Peebles

Been to Kingsmuir House? Share your experiences!