“Worth visiting the Clubhouse for a meal”
Review of Peebles Golf Club

Peebles Golf Club
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The catering in the Clubhouse is consistently good whether you visit for a meal or a snack. Food is well priced, portions are great, food is well presented. Drinks are reasonably priced too. Nice views too.

1  Thank towniegirlie

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My brother and I played this excellent course on a beautiful summers day in July. The course was in lovely condition and the greens were superb. It was a pleasure to play except............we had the misfortune to be playing in front of a member three ball, one of whom clearly has no time for visitors on "his" course. He harassed us for the first few holes, hands on hips, shouting "hurry up, play faster" etc. After a while I could take no more and told him to back off. We finished our round on time, having at times waited patiently and happily behind two elderly members ahead of us and we were at least a hole ahead of the "moaner." I mentioned his behaviour to the club secretary who knew immediately who it was, and said he would "have a word." Why am I writing this? Because it is characters like this who stop people taking up the game of golf. He spoilt our experience and we are pretty hard headed businessmen. I am a 13 handicapper, my brother plays occasionally. However, the clubhouse is modern and has a lovely balcony to enjoy a couple of cold beers. The other members we met and all the staff were very friendly. One even drew a map for us to get to Muirfield easier, a lovely touch. I would love to play the course again and will one day, hoping Mr Full Of Himself, "ex Captain don't you know", is having a day off.

2  Thank Steven B
Reviewed September 13, 2013

On 080913 I played at Peebles GC with four other golfers, we went out in. 3 ball and a 2 ball. Prior to playing we had a snack in the clubhouse which was delicious.

The course was in excellent condition and although not as long as a lot of courses you had to think your way round the course. The greens were fast but very true.

After the round of golf we had a meal in the clubhouse, the meals were excellent.

The staff in the clubhouse made you feel very welcome and the service both at the bar and whilst having our meal could not be faulted, nothing was any trouble and always with a smile.

All in all a great day was had by all.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

An interesting hilly course with lovely views over the town & hills on both sides. A friendly Clubhouse with excellent catering, whether for a snack or full meal at good value prices.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We played this course a year ago ( read my review 9th July 2012 ) and once again we had a superb time. We were blessed with glorious weather this year and once again the course was in 1st class condition. The food was of a really high standard and again the service could not be faulted. This year we had the added bonus of watching Andy Murray win the Wimbledon title and I managed to finish 3rd in our group of 24. Peebles Golf Club is a 'must visit' for any golf society or group of golf buddies.