“Lovely food.”

Francos
Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Peebles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Quaint Italian restaurant - simple menu, well executed. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Francos+peebles&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=Francos&hnear=0x488792980575cd53:0xf97f1ddf3b42dc8f,Peebles,+The+Scottish+Borders&ei=J5QuTsWXNMeKswb4t6kT&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAQQtgM&cid=0,0,3380709325711066542
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Really nice, authentic Italian food and good value. Pizzas were proper stone baked and my lasagna was huge!

We went on a Saturday night and it was very busy, but good quality places will be. Service was average due to how busy they were, but the food was worth the wait.

Recommended!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I am Italian so I know what's authentic and what is not. This is properly good. They do have a couple of foreign recipes, I suppose to please the UK taste, but the original Italian recipes are properly cooked.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Ate here on a busy Saturday night with our son age 6. I had a really tasty carbonarra and my husband loved the beef stroganoff. The wee man enjoyed a pepperoni pizza too. We had a table in the window with an amazing view over the river. Would recommend to book first as it got really busy.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Called in on a drive round the area - rainy evening in Peebles.

Welcome was warm and sat at a comfy table. Menu had plenty of choice with a selection of specials also available. My partner and I had meat canelloni and tortellini stuffed with meat in a cream and mushroom sauce. Both were excellent and we really enjoyed the garlic bread with cheese that we also had.

Worth a visit if you're in Peebles or the surrounding area.

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Can't believe I've been getting weekly takeaways from here for the last year and just experienced our first visit to the restaurant. Great food and wine. Definitely worth another visit. Staff lovely and welcoming. Glad we reserved a table!