“Well worth a try!”

Osso
Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Peebles
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Osso is an excellent contemporary style restaurant adjacent to the High street in Peebles. At night focuses more on three course Dinner, during the day is more 'laid back' and cafe style. Has won awards.
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

A rather different menu to many cafes in Peebles but very interesting. If you are in town then Osso is well worth a try.

1  Thank its-farky
There are newer reviews for Osso

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We lunched here in February, it was a Saturday, and quite busy.
When there are a few of us, we usually all order differently so that we can all have a taste of something different. Was a good choice as we all loved everything.
There were new staff being trained that day, so we had to be patient, but it did not detract from the experience, will definitely be back, probably for dinner the next time we stay in the hydro.

1  Thank WoodyJane
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a lovely meal, although portion sizes were interesting - starters were very large. Only real complaint was being having to explain 3 times that I didn't t want my steak medium rare, I wanted it cooked more!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Amazing food!! Value for money the only thing that lets it down is the service . Have been there many times and will be many more well done to the chefs

1  Thank KlayrVeitch
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I always pop in to Osso for a bite to eat when I'm in Peebles. On this particular occasion, the food was spectacular. I ordered a fairly small lunchtime bite, of a croque monsieur and a bowl of langoustine bisque - both were truly sensational, with wonderful seasoning and depth of flavour. The bisque was certainly one of the best I have ever had. The service is charming, but can sometimes be a little hit and miss. This place is definitely worth a visit if you find yourself in the town and requiring a great lunch.