I booked this hotel up at the last minute due to the severe weather conditions. I was a wee bit apprehensive due to some mixed reviews, but as the weather conditions were so bad I decided to just book it.
I paid £45 for a large single room with en suite, breakfast and access to the leisure facilities. A good deal for £45.
On arriving one can not help but notice how Grand the building is, or at least once was. And it bares a striking resemblance to the hotel in 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' film. Was the bad weather my only concern....... Indeed it was;
- The staff were all friendly
- My single room was large, clean, comfortable with a large bathroom and comfy bed. With plenty of teas, coffee and hot chocolates.
- The leisure facilities were great, nice big heated indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna etc.
- Free parking and free wi-fi
- Some of the reviews are a wee bit harsh. The building does need a bit of TLC in places, however one must appreciate that this is a very old and large hotel. The hotel was clean, but does need new carpets, curtains.
- Breakfast was very entertaining. They basically put a food cart in the middle of a large room and then about 200 people decend upon it to help themselves. The food was ok and plentiful.
Due to the bad weather I never tried any of the out door activities the hotel had to offer. I would certainly stay again and would recommend to people.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Peebles Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hydro Peebles
- Hydro Hotel Peebles
- Peebles Hydro Hotel
- Peebles Hydro Scotland