Peebles Hydro
$90
Neidpath Inn(Peebles)
Priceline
2,264 results
All reviewskids clubgin palacetable tennisrefurbished roomfront facingtennis courtssignature roomswimming poolgrand hotelgames roompitch and puttnew ownersgin tastingleisure facilitiesbunk bedssteam roombit dated
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night - we were looking for something nice after a day doing the mountain biking trails in Glentress.

Reservations could only be done via email, which isn't very welcoming, even though the correspondance was polite and friendly enough.

The grounds and external of the hotel was impressive, and we were looking forward to our stay.

Our room was downstairs near the Spa and we got a Twin room, despite me booking a Double.

2 single beds pushed together doesnt have the same feel as a double/king bed. The hotel couldn't change rooms for us, as they were fully booked with a wedding party.
This put a downer on the stay, and it wasnt ideal.

We walked into Peebles High St for dinner, so can't comment on the hotel restaurant.

Positives included the large bathroom and big outdoor chess board.

Negatives included the lack of plugs in the room,
the stale draught beer that we got from the bar,
the vinegary-tasting poached eggs I ordered for breakfast and
the mixup over the double/twin rooms.

It was a dissapointing stay considering the hotel's 4 star status, and I doubt we will stay at the Peebles Hydro again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Recently visited with my fiancé, a late anniversary treat. Found a spa package online which seemed very good value for money, including a treatment each, wine and dinner as well as the expected bed and breakfast. Had a bit of trouble getting it booked (our fault for leaving it so late!) We called twice and were told we would be called back but it still never happened, after starting at 11am we got booked on our 3rd call at about 6pm. Once we arrived the staff were friendly and polite, though perhaps some a little inexperienced and struggling slightly with the coach load of guests staying. We had our dinner a little later so things were quieter by the time we got our mains. The room was adequate and the shower was fantastic. Really enjoyed getting dressed up for dinner as well, we were informed when we booked of the 'smart casual' dress code. We enjoyed the next morning wandering round the gardens and spending hours in the pool which was nice and quiet. Shame the treatment area is at the opposite side of the hotel from the pool etc but it was worth the trip. Chenoa was lovely and we both enjoyed our treatments. The hotel is perhaps a little tired, but if I wanted to stay in a chic modern hotel I would have gone elsewhere! All in all a lovely treat :)

Room Tip: We were in 228, on a corner with views out 2 directions, lovely!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The location of this hotel is breathtaking. It has an air of grandeur, and it is easy to imagine when it would have been at it's impressive peak.However today there are areas which need to be looked at in the decor, but to make up for this there is a team of staff who are very hard working and very visible.
The room service is a bit slow and the breakfast delivered did not include all the items required.The shower was very not very strong but the room was adequate and the stunning views more than made up for this.The ballroom is fabulous and the bar prices are reasonable.
I would return again if there are good deals available.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2013

didn't have lifts to the back floor's half landings off every floor windows very hard to open some didn't open at all a number of guest's moved rooms during my stay. ( coach trip's from all over the U K most couldnt manage the stairs with luggage ) the hotel was once a grand hotel but no longer waiting staff could not manage the numbers in the dinning room.Bistro lunch menu was ok but the food was not very hot . Grounds are wonderful good location for the town of Peebles.

Room Tip: front of the hotel for lift access
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sharyl G
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Had lunch in the bistro on Saturday 24 August . Not impressed . The Hydro is in need of a makeover and is very run down . Light bulbs missing everywhere and broken toilet seats! The food in the bistro was okay but the place is awful . The pictures on he walls would give you a headache and he place was freezing . I had a glass of wine with my lunch and I have never tasted worse . The bistro appears to be an afterthought as it is hidden in the basement , after my experience I now know why !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends