Tripadvisor
Peebles
All reviews walled garden afternoon tea taster menu drawing room luxury room country house dining room public rooms sunday lunch grounds are lovely scottish borders first class staff were attentive beautiful room the ground floor lamb set menu
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2020

My husband and I spent 2 nights and 3 days at Cringletie for the wedding of the year!!! We had a fabulous time. Cringletie is a beautiful venue for a wedding; the acccommodation is superb and the staff are excellent and cannot do enough for you. They are actually proud to be working there and this certainly shows in the way they deal with their clients. From the minute we entered Cringletie we were treated to the 'best of the best'. The food was of the best quality and there was nothing we could find that wass less than perfect. I would receommend Cringletie for a wedding, a weekend or a week of touring around Scotland borders. Thanks you for welcoming us.

Date of stay: December 2019
Will H, Manager at Cringletie House, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Thank you so much for a great review. You are right, we do take pride in working here and feedback like your therefore means a lot for us all. We hope to see you back on your anniversary. Kind regards Will Haegeland

Reviewed December 30, 2019

Superior room superbly appointed on the second floor.
Welcome pack on arrival and afternoon cream tea before joining for a full taster menu including all the complementary wines.
The whole experience was of the highest standard with superb breakfasts, lunches and very high standard of food.
Alpaca walking on Boxing Day which proved a very satisfying country walk.
Concluded with a Burns supper on our final evening with a piper and dancing until 11pm.
Excellent service from all the staff and total commitment from the new owners and senior management.

Room tip: All rooms are in a lovely location and have stunning views.
Date of stay: December 2019
Will H, Manager at Cringletie House, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide excellent feedback. It makes our day to hear that you enjoyed you stay. All reviews are shared between staff and talked about. You’ve made our day. Kind regards Will Haegeland.

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

We visited Cringletie for the first time late November for 2 nights. What a beautiful hotel it is. It is stunning as it pops out at the end of the drive from the main road. All the more stunning as it was decorated ready for Christmas. We had a warm welcome from Mr & Mrs Cross, the owners and Trond who showed us to our room - Kelso - on the first floor. Our view was of the gardens at the rear of the hotel and the hills beyond. Whilst it was bitter cold outside, -7, the rooms were lovely and warm. We ate both evenings in the restaurant from the set menu, and also enjoyed the Sunday Lunch together with breakfast each morning, which were all fabulous, so deserving of the recent award of 2 AA Rosettes. It was also lovely to meet Iain, Victoria, Leon, Natalie, Laura and Will, they are a credit to the hotel, they looked after us so well and made our stay very enjoyable. Cringletie is now our special place in Scotland and one which we can thoroughly recommend and hope to return to in the not too distant future.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Will H, Manager at Cringletie House, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2019

Thank you so much for the great feedback. Our aim is to make Cringletie a special place, and it is really inspiring to hear when guests have enjoyed their experience with us. We look forward seeing you back again soon. Kind regards Will Haegeland

Reviewed December 21, 2019

Rather than the stereotypical Christmas party night we decided to have our small office Christmas night out at Cringletie House this year - and boy are we glad we did!

We have a lovely, relaxed evening with superb quality food, drink and service. A real treat for all.

The hotel and their team made us feel at home from arrival and we loved the relaxed surrounding of the pre dinner lounge for drinks.

The meal itself was tremendous. As a gluten free diner I was really impressed at the quality of my own meal too - a real treat to the taste buds rather than what can sometimes feel like an after thought at other restaurants.

The night was a great success and we enjoyed catching up with our colleagues and getting a nice chance to chat after the pre Christmas rush of December.

Thank you for looking after us so well.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Will H, Manager at Cringletie House, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2019

Thank you for providing such a lovely review. It makes our day. We are working hard to achieve our 5th star. Your kind words helps us on our way. Kind regards Will Haegeland.

Reviewed December 9, 2019

I would like to take this opportunity to leave a review and explain what unfair and misleading customer service I received from a company who claim they provide award winning weddings.
I emailed Cringletie House few months back now asking about a lunch booking for July 2020; however the wedding was put forward to mid of December 2019. I phoned Cringletie house on Mid November to discuss if I could have a simple lunch booking for fewer than 10 people after my ceremony. That was all agreed and menus were sent out for me to have a look with my guest and agree on food. It was also mentioned I could have the Conservatory for lunch booking if I picked the set 3 course meal menus, which I agreed on.
There was many emails going back and forward, I and Cringletie agreed that the Deposit would be paid on the start of December and that the booking will be reserved for me for a month.
Me and my partner went to view Cringletie and it was agreed we could bring our own decorations and music as well, as I didn’t want to hear my guest eating ( just some music at the background) again we were assured we could have that and everything seemed perfect.
After couple emails, everything turned I was asked to pay extra and my guests needed to leave at 6pm and I was not able to have the decorations which I wanted. By this point it was less than 3 weeks until my wedding.
I was so confused by all the emails, I phoned Cringletie and the conversation on the phone was not pleasant, I could tell from that start the person did not want to deal with my booking and my request as a customer. I was told I didn’t mention how many people were coming but it’s a good job I kept all the emails because right from the start they knew it was going to be a small lunch meal after my ceremony. Most of the call it was them telling me how many other booking they have and how many people are requesting bookings. I am a customer I should have all the attention and customer service to me not hearing about other customers. I was interested in my booking not how many other people they have lined up for bookings!
On the 30th of November I received an email saying that the conservatory was not available. Two weeks before the wedding and 2 days before I need to pay my deposit they email me saying they have booked it to someone else. They couldn’t even phone me and speak to me on the phone they just sent me an email. – Not very professional.
How can a business reserve/ promise what customer requires, agrees on everything and then just sends an email out saying pretty much what you wanted is no longer available because we gave it to someone else...
I am deeply disappointment in customer service and Cringletie House as a company. I was left with sleepless nights, money wasted on decorations which I specially got to put in the Conservatory and with NO VENUE! No one deserves to be treated like that just less than 2 weeks before the wedding. I have received nothing but horrible customer service and not even proper apology never mind any compensation they have caused!

**Whoever is reading this PLEASE consider going somewhere else, I don’t want someone else to be in the same situation I was, speciality if it’s your special day!! **

Date of stay: December 2019
Will H, Manager at Cringletie House, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2019

Dear Kristine, thank you for again providing feedback. As I responded to your Facebook review, you know we had a lengthy conversation about you family lunch booking for 8. Kind regards, Will Haegeland