How can this place receive anything but excellent reviews. My wife and I wanted a special pre Christmas stop over en route to Edinburgh and we web searched to find a country house hotel with warmth,ambience,great rooms, excellent food and a special experience.We certainly found this at Cringletie House. A lovely old house set in acres of beautiful countryside and complete with welcoming staff and roaring log fires. All staff were excellent and we were made to feel very welcome as a guest not just another paying customer.The dining room staff particularly helped us to enjoy the experience by their explanation and knowledge of the food and wines- it's great when someone loves their job and shares their passion enthusiastically. We have been fortunate to have dined at Raymond Blanc's , Le Manoir and thought that we would never experience such food and standard of service anywhere else. Cringletie came very close to changing that view. Our room was warm and had all that we wanted. We have recommended Cringletie to everone we have met since and will continue to do so. Return visit- definitely hope so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cringletie House is a luxurious Country House Hotel, set in 28 stunning acres, just outside Peebles and 30 minutes south of Edinburgh, in the Scottish Borders.With 4 Red Stars, Cringletie Hotel is the only AA Top Hotel (Inspector's choice) in the Scottish Borders. No other hotel in this location has been awarded 4 Gold Stars by Visit Scotland. The Sutherland Restaurant at Cringletie is considered one of Peebles' top restaurants and our Head Chef ensures his menus reflect the changing seasons with locally sourced produce. The hotel's bedrooms are individually decorated and all have glorious views over the gardens and rolling countryside. All rooms offer FREE WiFi, LCD TV, Bathrobe & Slippers and a range of Molten Brown Toiletries. The hotel has a specially designed accessible room with wheelchair access - and lifts to all floors. For our guests who seek the outdoors the range of opportunities are truly limitless. The region boasts some of the best mountain biking in the UK at Glentress, fishing on the Tweed (Europe's premier salmon fishing river), and some of the best field sports and golf in Scotland. If you are touring Scotland with your best (four-legged) friend we welcome dogs to the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Cringletie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cringletie House Hotel Peebles
- Cringletie Hotel Peebles
- Cringletie House Peebles, Scotland