“Christmas Present.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cocoa Black Chocolate & Pastry School

Cocoa Black Chocolate & Pastry School
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Peebles
More attraction details
Owner description: Run by UK World Chocolate Master & UK Confectioner of the Year, Ruth Hinks, Cocoa Black offers a wide range of Chocolate & Pastry classes suitable for all levels of experience. As one of Europe's leading Chocolate and Pastry schools, we teach our students using the very best ingredients and equipment in our purpose-fitted kitchen.
East Kilbride
“Christmas Present.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

A wonderful experience made for a fantastic day out in Peebles.
The chocolates were to die for and the whole visit was excellent.
Well worth a visit again.
At the end of the day, I completed a questionnaire and requested a box of the chocolates every 3mths. Up until now I have not received anything.
Why ask, but then not deliver.

Visited September 2011
SimonGlasgow, Owner at Cocoa Black Chocolate & Pastry School, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Allan,

Many thanks for your Tripadvisor comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the class. The purpose of the short questionnaire was to help us to determine whether there was any interest in a chocolate subscription service. Based upon the comments received over the past 6 months, we are now developing a number of new services which we plan to launch shortly. I am sorry if this was a little confusing.

Kind regards
Ruthie

Dundee, United Kingdom
“If you love chocolate this is for you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Making proper chocolates is something I've wanted to do for a long time and Cocoa Black didn't let me down. It was a thoroughly enjoyable 3 hours and I went away with a lot of knowledge, new skills, a big bag of delicious chocolates and a desire to come back and learn even more. For my next visit I'd hope to spend more time in the lovely town of Peebles and try out the Cocoa Black cafe.
Our group were lovely mixed bunch of people, ladies and men, children to grannies. I went on my own, others came with friend or relatives - Ruth made us all comfortable.

Visited June 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I took a class with Cocoa Black a few months back. I felt very welcome from the moment I walked in the door..I was offered a drink-I took Hot Chocolate,which was the best tasting I have ever had.

The teacher was friendly and very interesting. I learned so much. I highly recommend taking their classes . I will take another soon :)

Visited November 2011
Haddington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Petit Four class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was one of the best days of my life - I loved it. Very informative, helpful and very well organized. My family & friends couldn't believe the selection I had made. Very generous amounts to take home too. Will definitely go back and do another type of class. Loved every minute.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Alison J
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Chocolate Masterclass May 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I absolutely loved the chocolate masterclass course. Ruth is an excellent teacher very relaxed and creates a comfortable, informative learning experience. I was very surprised at the amount of chocolates you actually end up with and all of my friends and family loved the products of my labour !!. Ruth is very generous with her time, knowledge and experience.Great interaction with all the staff who were very friendly and helpful. Loved it !! Thanks Ruth and hey I'll be back Linda McAdam

Visited May 2012