“Beautiful!”
Review of Roulotte Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Melrose
Roulotte Retreat
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We booked 2 nights at Roulotte Retreat for my husbands 40th birthday! He is not normally a camper, but I though the idea of Glamping could change his mind!! He was so impressed, and loved every minute! Our Roulotte was kitted out with everything we could need, which meant we even stayed in one evening and cooked ourselves! The fact that each Roulotte is individual is lovely and we absolutely loved Devanna. Beautiful scenery for gorgeous walks and really close to Melrose when we fancied a nice meal and a few drinks! Avril was so helpful when I was booking the trip and kept in touch throughout, answering my many questions!!! It was really appreciated! Alan was very welcoming when we arrived and made sure we got settled in quickly! Many thanks!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fairypretty
There are newer reviews for Roulotte Retreat

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Roulotte Retreat is the perfect get away from the stresses of everyday life. Avril and Alan are perfect hosts who helped us to settle in and gave us invaluable advice on how to 'tame' the geese!
We stayed in Maharani and it was love at first sight for both myself and my husband. I loved all the little touches and my husband had great fun reverting to caveman days by building and maintaining a wonderful fire.
As too frazzled parents, of an almost one year old, we rarely get time to just sit and be. At Roulotte we had the opportunity to take a moment and relax without any distractions.
I would really recommend the breakfast hamper which is jam-packed with local goodies. We got one hamper and it lasted both days. A little walk up to Bowden Kirk is also a must.
On Avril and Alan's recommendation we had an evening meal at Marmions, in Melrose, which turned out to be one of the best meals we have had in ages.
All in all it was a blissful weekend in beautiful surroundings. We can't wait to go back both as a couple and with our son. Well done Avril and Alan, this should be prescribed on the NHS!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinkie25
Reviewed September 20, 2012

If your after time out from the usual stresses of day to day life, then this place is perfect for u.
This weekend retreat was bought for me as a gift from my boyfriend who knows what I appreciate in life.
The roulottes are beautifully kept and incredibly quirky and cosy. The meadow that they are situated is peaceful and undisturbed. It's left to its natural state and this contributes the the tranquil mood of the place.
We were lucky with the weather but unlucky to not be able to use the wood burner inside the roulotte so we opted to use the fire pit outside and sat under the stars till late drinking wine. Bliss.
This is a place I highly recommend and is value for money. We are hoping to return very soon.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Hellie_b77
Reviewed September 19, 2012

A group of us girls stayed for a weekend last year as a leaving party for one of our friends. What an amazing experience. We had a couple of roulottes and the cottage for the weekend. The owners were so lovely and made us feel very welcome. We had breakfast outside on both mornings and lovely walks in the afternoon. It was such a cosy weekend and just felt very special. The roulottes have everything you would need and I personally hadn't slept so well in years. Would definitely go again and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed in Devanna last year. It was very different from anywhere else we'd ever stayed. My other half likes camping and being outdoors and I like my creature comforts, so we were both well delighted! We walked over the Eildon's and had a lovely meal out in Melrose and had an adventure walking back over the hills slightly the worse for wine in the dark!? (either take head torches or get a taxi!).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My sister and I whisked my mother away to the Roulotte Retreat for a 60th birthday treat. We had thought about taking her away to a spa, but we wanted it to be a truly magical experience.
The caravan was beautiful, as pretty as a picture, and was excellently kitted out in a kitch array of pretty floral china. There was so much thought behind everything, and I believe that the owners put a great deal of time and thought into sourcing the decor, which was simply superb.
We were there in the dead of winter, and the little log burning stove was just super at keeping the place warm, though as one would expect in the evening, when the fire was out, it got a little chilly in the bathroom.
We had a great time, playing games, reading books and just spending quality time together and enjoying the peace and quiet.
It was lovely to explore neary-by Melrose and other little towns in the area, I'd love to go back with my partner, I think that he would enjoy the whimsy and escapism that this place offers.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fi M
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed in Karlotta for 3 Nights ... what a lovely hideaway. It was so relaxing & quiet.The owners made a real effort to make us feel welcome . The caravan was lovely & cosy with all mod cons .We were surrounded by wildlife including geese with goslings which would sit outside our caravan waiting for breakfast. We will definatley try to go back again. 5 Star break ! :O)

Room Tip: All the roulottes are well spaced apart so don't feel overlooked. All the roulottes look lovely...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melrose
The Townhouse Hotel
#2 of 7 in Melrose
Bay Waverley Castle Hotel
Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course
Buccleuch Arms Scottish Borders

Been to Roulotte Retreat? Share your experiences!