Burt's Hotel
Station Hotel(Melrose)
$98
$155
Dryburgh Abbey Hotel(St. Boswells)
$112
$90
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrestaurant menubooked a tableborder townsuperb foodstaff were friendly and efficientsunday lunchlooking forward to our next visittraditional hotelduckcomfortable roomsfamily runopen firelovely townoff street parkingbar foodwarm welcomescottish borders
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This establishment sets the bar for family-run hotels in Scotland. Members of my own family have been staying here on and off for almost forty years and the standards have been scrupulously maintained in all that time. You are unlikely to get any bad surprises here. It maybe more expensive than some of the hotels in the town but you definitely get what you pay for in terms of quality and traditional ambience. If you are ever visiting the Borders, I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have been done very recently and are of a particulary high standard but all rooms are of a good standard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Drove down to the Borders for the day with my Mum and thought we'd stop off for a bit of lunch. Decided after looking at the menus of the various hotels in Market Square that we'd go to Burt's. We got in to the restaurant at 13:55 - 5 minutes before they stopped serving lunch but they did not make us feel rushed into choosing what we wanted. Mum went for the soup and I decided on soup and a sandwich. Holy moley the portions are massive! The pea and ham soup was the best I've ever tasted. It has big chunks of flakey ham that just melted in the mouth just like your granny used to make. The Brie, bacon and rocket toasted sandwich I ordered was amazing - either of these on their own really would've been enough but they tasted sooooo good, I had to finish everything. They also brought the loveliest bread to the table for the soup. A first I thought it was just plain thin slices of baguette but there was a slight garlic crust on it. Words cannot describe how good this bread was! The staff were lovely - attentive, friendly, can't fault them at all. Excellent value for money as well. The only thing I could comment on is that the loos looked a bit dated but hey, let's just call them vintage.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Spent one night before starting 4 day walk to Holy Isle.
Melrose is a lovely small town with stunning scenery. Hotel is beautifully furnished , single room was small but lovely and staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly ( I was late arriving and they called me to see if I would like some food when I arrived)
Expensive for the area but reflects the quality of the hotel. Recommended

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2013

very friendly very Scottish. Stayed while doing a long distance bike ride and food was great. Lovely breakfast and friendly staff. Our room had no view however but was warm and cosy. Restraunt was heaving but they found us a table no probs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Well what can we say we where staying for a long weekend in the area. And found this little gem online so booked a table. When we arrived at burts in the beautiful town Melrose we where greeted by a lovely friendly lady who showed us to our seat lovely relaxed place. We all had the roast beef it was beautiful cooked beatifully. 5 stars for food service and friendly faces. Also loved the touch to the tea tasty villana fudge. Thank you for a enjoyable lunch.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family