The Horse and Hound Country Inn is a good little place to pull over for the night.
We found them on tripadvisor and then gave them a call about 15 mins before we were in Bonchester to check if there were any vacancies for the night. Lucky for us there were plenty!
The staff were very nice and accommodating. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant first and then a quick drink in the bar before retiring for the night upstairs to our room. Travelling in January, it was a nice change to not have to go outside into the freezing cold for dinner.
The room was quite a good size and very warm. The decor was a bit dated but it was still a decent room for the price. Noise control from the pub downstairs and the other rooms was excellent - we didn't hear a peep.
The bathroom was a little odd as it had carpet and the shower was also a sauna-type contraption. Although it was a bit unconventional, it still worked well and was very toasty indeed after a minute or two!
Breakfast was included in the price and it was a full Scottish fry-up. The food was great and we certainly didn't leave hungry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horse and Hound Country Inn is a 300 year old Coaching Inn nestled in the heart of the Scottish Borders. Idea for all types of country pursuits as well as for walkers, cyclists and those just here to chill out and wander around the local Abbey towns. Our 9 en-suite bedrooms are decorated to a high standard with steam showers in some rooms. There is a spacious lounge bar and restaurant serving Traditional Scottish Pub Fayre using fresh local produce where available. The public bar with its roaring log fire is a great place to relax with a pint of real ale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Horse and Hound Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Horse And Hound Country Hotel Hawick
- Country Inn Hawick
- Hawick Country Inn
- The Horse And Hound Country Inn Hawick, Scotland