“Best dining experience in Hawick! ”
Review of Night Safe Bistro

Night Safe Bistro
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Hawick
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Best dining experience in Hawick! ”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We went for a romantic dinner and we were treated to a fabulous meal! There simply is nowhere in Hawick that serves food of this standard, and for the price (@£14 for a main course) it is very good value for money. I recommend the venison - fantastic! So good that we returned a few weeks later with the family and I ordered the same again! Contemporary surroundings, friendly atmosphere and a superb menu. Couldn't ask for more.

west midlands
“Beef Wellington”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stumbled upon this place during my stay in Hawick and my god was I pleased.
I can only comment on the food and service I received, both of which were outstanding.
A tad undecided the chef came and reccommended the Mini Beef Wellington. When it was brought to my table I wasn't dissapointed. The beef was perfectly cooked as was the mash and the potatoes. I was sad that I was only staying one night and was liked to have sampled what else the chef can knock up.

Visited December 2013
Hawick, United Kingdom
“Delightful evening.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Recently opened restaurant in Hawick. My wife and I found the menu to be varied and appealing. The food was excellent in both presentation, taste and value for money, all staff were most attentive but unobtrusive, and the atmosphere was relaxed.
All in all a most enjoyable evening and we both look forward to regular visits in the future.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Colin G
Ambleside, United Kingdom
“Quiet Sunday night meal”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very simple, honest food. We could mix and match from the menu, making light bights up for a starter, the veg were really tasty, and the salad was excellent. My only slight gripe would be the quality of the sausages with the mash, which did not seem to match the quality of the rest of the food. The staff waiting on were so helpful, without being in your face obtrusive 'look at me doing my job'

• Visited October 2013
Englishman in France
“A most enjoyable evening”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Whilst on a visit to Hawick my wife, my in-laws and I had a most enjoyable evening meal in the Night Safe Bistro. The interior has been tastefully decorated and the layout is very conducive to creating an intimate yet spacious atmosphere. We arrived earlier than booked but were warmly welcomed and shown to our table immediately. The staff were attentive and friendly and the service was excellent. Three of our party wanted vegetarian food for whom there was a good variety of choice on the menu and we were also told that other menu items could be served as vegetarian. We were all very pleased with the meal which was of a very high standard throughout both in terms of quality and quantity. We live in a region of France where good food is the norm but this restaurant was equally as good as what we are accustomed to. We had four starters, four main courses, a bottle of house wine, four large bottles of local beer plus teas and coffees for £98.80 which we thought was good value. We look forward to our next visit.

• Visited October 2013