“A fair meal at a fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mosspaul Inn - CLOSED

Mosspaul Inn
Cuisines: British, American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Mosspaul Inn is now a holiday rental and is no longer open as a bar and restaurant.
Manchester England
“A fair meal at a fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My family and I have just got back from a weekend near Hawick. We ate our Sunday dinner at the Mosspaul Inn and although the place was a little quiet (it is the end of September after all) the Mosspaul was very pleasant and all 9 of us enjoyed the beef roast dinners, Steaks, Chicken and Lamb very much.
The food was of a decent quality and was well cooked.
The menu was reasonably varied and that the simple wine selection hit the spot.
We wanted for nothing and we all thought that the owners seem to have struck a nice balance of good honest food & drink with the needs of their general cliental.
The service was personable and attentive and all in all I would recommend stopping by if travelling along the A7 or looking for a nice bite to eat after a walk.
The Inn itself is unassuming and set along a rugged pass along the A7. Though it may perhaps lack some of the character of an oldey world pub the owners have set up a pleasant, well maintained Inn and seem to welcome all who stop by on their travels.

• Visited September 2013

“Great find!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stumbled across this little beauty on our way to Edinburgh. Fantastic service, lovely people and outstanding value for money. Would come back here any day!!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank penny8407
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value - Great hosts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Myself ,partner and dog stayed over Saturday night on-route back to Manchester - lovely setting/excellent quality room & very very good value for money especially considering the substantial portion sizes of the food!
All the tables were booked out withe people either staying over or coming from the surrounding area.
The hosts are a lovely couple and considering they have only re-opened a short-time since closure for over 2 years the standard they have already set themselves should stand them in good stead to continue flourishing!Not only will they bring back local people but also passing trade/walkers/bikers alike.
I would like to wish them continued success & I have no doubt in my mind that if we are in the area again we will definitely be returning.
Thanks Ruth,Chris and Bobby

1 Thank Ruth A
Lynton, United Kingdom
“Perhaps they were having a bad day but ......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I would go so far as to say that I probably havent had such an unpleasant meal in an awfully long time. We arrived for a late lunch and ordered a chilli con carne, a sweet and sour pork and a butternut squash lasagne.

My chilli arrived with a very large, very greasy poppadum but strangely enough not a kidney been in sight, the mince tasted cheap and watery with an unusual spice that certainly didnt taste like chilli. The sweet and sour pork arrived again with a very greasy poppadum and pork in a very pink watery sauce, it tasted like the pork had been cut up (including the fat) after it had been cooked and dropped into the sauce at the last minute, needless to say it wasnt very nice and the majority was left. As for the lasagne, this was eaten as my husband was extremely hungry but it he felt quite out of sorts for the rest of the day.

“Excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Didnt expect too much as we arrived. Turned out to be fantastic food. Beautifully presented, delicious meals. Perfectly cooked vegetables and excellent fayre. If I come back this way I wont hesitate to revisit this excellent inn.