Mansfield House Hotel
$107
The Horse and Hound Country Inn(Hawick)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Breakfast included
The Coppice(Hawick)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely hoteldining roomwedding receptionfour poster bedrecommend this hotelold housetower roomvisited this hotelreal disappointmentfillet steakitalian themethe lower ground floorbar area isthe hotel is cleancouldn tspacious bedroomfamily home
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here on a Monday night in October as we were visiting family in the area.First impressions was it was lovely.We arrived at reception where we were told Hello and that was it really,given our key.Room was lovely and spacious.We went out in Hawick for tea and decided later on to come down for drinks.The bar maid was friendly and we were the only people in the bar.She told us we could sit in bar all night if we wanted as we were residents.It was only around 11pm and the night porter walked through looked at us and walked on he did not seem too pleased we were there.He collected glasses and said nothing to us. He only spoke when we were leaving to go back to our room so he was obviously relieved! At breakfast the next morning we walked in and the waitress didn't bother welcoming us so we went to sit down and she stopped us and directed us to our table. We sat for over 5 min and she came and asked us what we wanted but she hadn't even shown us a menu so we all ordered cooked breakfast.There was half a blackpudding and haggis and a couple of things missing.The waitress took all the breakfast buffet away before we had even finished.
This is a lovely hotel but we got the impression that on a monday no one could be bothered with us which was quite sad.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank sambo_rfc_1
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We found the Mansfield House Hotel by accident, but what an amazing accident! The room was beautiful, clean, and large. The en-suite had a large walk in shower which was powerful, we had dinner here to and the food was perfect l had salmon and my husband had the steak.
The receptionist doubled up as the waitress which seemed a bit unfair on her but she did a sterling job at both, we would come back again and recommend the hotel to friends and family.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anne J S
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Iv been working away for 2 months located in Hawick and we had the pleasure of stopping at the Mansfield house hotel. The hotel is situated in beautiful location with a lovely wood at the side of the hotel which I walked round onto the the tops and on my walk I saw three deers!!! The hotel itself as very nice decor and liked the homely feeling and felt welcomed from second I stepped through doors. Iv stopped in a lot of hotels in my time because of my job and I can truly say this is one of my favourite!!! The staff was so friendly and did everything they could for you. We ate at the hotel every night and being here for so long I ate everything that was on the menu! Every meal I ate was superb 10/10 for every meal I had! The steaks are immense cooked to perfection! The bedrooms are what Ud expect from a top hotel comfy beds and pillows, because off were the hotel is set you don't hear a peep whilst sleeping. Guna miss this place as the staff have become friends so guna miss the banter and laughs we've had together! Defiantly a place to visits highly recommend it :)

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Liam S
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very welcoming hotel, who were alway very helpful. I understand that heating such an establishment is difficult and as I had the beautiful tower room at the top of the house this was the most difficult room. The central heating did not work and there was one small electric radiator which was insufficient for the room. I was provided willingly with another one which unfortunately did I not work. They advertise free wifi in the room but being an old house the thick walls did not allow it to penetrate into my room. My parents who were more Central had no problems with heating or wifi.
Breakfast was slow both mornings but we were not in a hurry so it really didn't matter too much.
The staff were all very friendly and were quick to sort out any problem.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just returned from driving through Scotland. Found this gem by chance and stayed three days it was so lovely. HUGE rooms with gorgeous views of the valley. Pretty park like setting, outdoor seating for warm days and a manor home feel warrant a high review for this location. Dining rooms look out onto the gardens. The staff could not be more helpful. The chef is a genius. We never had a bad meal. i would recommend all items on the menu. The full breakfast in the sunny dining room served perhaps the best smoked salmon and eggs I have had. We found three days worth of sightseeing just from this one location . If I did it again, I would stay here longer. We were sorry to leave.

Room Tip: try to get a view to the valley but there is also a great room with a fireplace and four poster bed
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends