“Fabulous, a real home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hassendean B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawick
Hassendean B&B
Ranked #4 of 20 Hawick B&B and Inns
Stranraer, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fabulous, a real home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at Hassendean on Thursday 18th October with my 20month old daughter. The property is in a really beautiful location and very well presented. I had booked as single occupancy but we were given a beautiful double room and Janet had also very kindly set up a lovely travel cot for Joni. The room was immaculately clean, warm and had a large en-suite. The cottage has been renovated to a high standard. As things turned out, it was to be a real 'home from home' as my daughter was ill overnight, Janet could not have been more helpful and understanding. We would definitely recommend this B&B and will stay again ourselves. I was really disappointed not to be able to enjoy the fabulous looking cooked breakfast being enjoyed by the other guests - Janet managed to cook this while helping me and my daughter get ready to depart. A great find :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Twyford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our one-night stay at Hassendean B&B was great. Janet is an exceptional host, full of energy, friendliness, and great stories. She and Les are very welcoming, ensuring we were comfortable and all set. The room was very comfortable and clean. We were provided with extra mattress for the floor which was great. The information/welcome folder was the most comprehensive we had ever seen--so much information on local eats/drinks and tourist places in the area. We greatly enjoyed the large and current DVD selection as we wanted a quiet evening in. Breakfast was massive, we were so stuffed that we skipped lunch. Cannot recommend Janet and Les' B&B highly enough--be sure to take the time to chat, its like being welcomed at home. Thank you so much for a great night's stay! Matt, Al, & Steven

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Newport, Shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our double room was very cosy, the ensuite was very nice, and breakfast was delicious. Having a tv & dvd player was a particularly nice idea; especially considering the cupboard stuffed full of DVDs for us to borrow located on the landing. I also really liked the intricate 3d motorbike jigsaw puzzle.

It was a good b&b with some thoughtful gestures from a nice, and easy-going host. We would definitely return to this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

After a trip to Scotland I decided to come down to the kielder dam for a few days and have a look around. I went to a local tourist information centre and asked if they could help me with some accommadation and they put me onto Hassendean Bed and Breakfast, they told me that they accepted Motorcyclists,When I arrived I was greeted by a warm and friendly welcome by Janet she told me there was a secure parking area at the back of the house and there was a hard standing area for my bike. After parking up Janet kindly made me a drink .After my drink she took me up to see my room and let me look at my room with its en-suite facilities and it was a beautiful double room with great views out across the local countryside.
Janet told me about the wi-fi code so I could access the internet and also about the information pack in my room for the local pubs and resteraunts and attractions in the area. After I was settled it was too late for me to go out for food, thats when Janet kindly offered me some food as they were just about to eat and was great ( Thankyou). After my food Les told me about the local area for bike riding what best routes to take and nice villages to visit that was a great help because the next day I was to visit the kielder dam.
After a great night sleep, I came down stairs to a great breakfast with a great variety of differnt foods to eat. Following that I went out for the day.
On my return I met up with Janet and Les and we went down to the local restaurant for dinner, the food was very nice and they also had a good choice of beers too. The following night and breakfast was great too.
If I return to that area I will be trying them first for accommadation because of the great welcome,great food and help they both gave me when I stopped with them for a short while.

( THANKYOU VERY MUCH FROM JOHN IN DERBY)

Room Tip: If in this area try hassendean first, all rooms are brilliant.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Janet could not have been more welcoming. Good communication from outset (we booked late). No problem to bring food back. Clean, modern room and beautifully appointed en suite. The most informative and up to date information folder I have ever seen! Breakfast very nice indeed especially home made bread. Help with onward travel arrangements next morning.
Owners still establishing the business and very keen to help. Scotland should be very proud of such establishments. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Twin room slightly smaller I think, but perfectly adequate. Quiet on all sides in rural location.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hassendean B&B was our first stop on our travels in Scotland and what a welcome to the land of the brave it was. The accommodation was fantastic, the service excellent and the food was great.
Provided you are happy to be in a rural setting then Hassendean would be a great place to stay. Janet & Les are a great pair of hosts and provided us with a lot of help in planning our Scottish Borders sight seeing. The location is great for getting around the "Abbeys" and local towns of Melrose, Selkirk, Jedburgh and Kelso.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DerrickandMyra
Ulverston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

What a fantastic place to stay, the countryside around was stunning. The rooms were lovely, very large family room. We were here for the "Ken Laidlaw Road Race" which starts and finishes in Hawick, this this place was very handy but also nice and quiet to get a good nights sleep before the race!! We stayed with our 2 children in the family room which was more than big enough, great big bathroom too! and a lovely balcony to sit out on. Nanna & Grandad stayed in a twin room, which was also brilliant. Was made to feel very welcome by Janet and Les, they were great and very accommodating. Even the cat "Fudge" was friendly, who entertained our youngest!! We also had a fantastic meal at the Auld Cross Keys Inn, in Denholm which is the nearby village, gorgeous place with a big village green. Would definately recommend staying at Hassendean B & B to anyone, Great place. Thank you to you both.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawick
The Horse and Hound Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Denholm
Elm Guest House
Elm Guest House
#7 of 20 in Hawick

Been to Hassendean B&B? Share your experiences!