“Kielder Motorbike Trip”
Review of Hassendean B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawick
Hassendean B&B
Ranked #6 of 20 Hawick B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2012

After a trip to Scotland I decided to come down to the kielder dam for a few days and have a look around. I went to a local tourist information centre and asked if they could help me with some accommadation and they put me onto Hassendean Bed and Breakfast, they told me that they accepted Motorcyclists,When I arrived I was greeted by a warm and friendly welcome by Janet she told me there was a secure parking area at the back of the house and there was a hard standing area for my bike. After parking up Janet kindly made me a drink .After my drink she took me up to see my room and let me look at my room with its en-suite facilities and it was a beautiful double room with great views out across the local countryside.
Janet told me about the wi-fi code so I could access the internet and also about the information pack in my room for the local pubs and resteraunts and attractions in the area. After I was settled it was too late for me to go out for food, thats when Janet kindly offered me some food as they were just about to eat and was great ( Thankyou). After my food Les told me about the local area for bike riding what best routes to take and nice villages to visit that was a great help because the next day I was to visit the kielder dam.
After a great night sleep, I came down stairs to a great breakfast with a great variety of differnt foods to eat. Following that I went out for the day.
On my return I met up with Janet and Les and we went down to the local restaurant for dinner, the food was very nice and they also had a good choice of beers too. The following night and breakfast was great too.
If I return to that area I will be trying them first for accommadation because of the great welcome,great food and help they both gave me when I stopped with them for a short while.

( THANKYOU VERY MUCH FROM JOHN IN DERBY)

Room Tip: If in this area try hassendean first, all rooms are brilliant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Janet could not have been more welcoming. Good communication from outset (we booked late). No problem to bring food back. Clean, modern room and beautifully appointed en suite. The most informative and up to date information folder I have ever seen! Breakfast very nice indeed especially home made bread. Help with onward travel arrangements next morning.
Owners still establishing the business and very keen to help. Scotland should be very proud of such establishments. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Twin room slightly smaller I think, but perfectly adequate. Quiet on all sides in rural location.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hassendean B&B was our first stop on our travels in Scotland and what a welcome to the land of the brave it was. The accommodation was fantastic, the service excellent and the food was great.
Provided you are happy to be in a rural setting then Hassendean would be a great place to stay. Janet & Les are a great pair of hosts and provided us with a lot of help in planning our Scottish Borders sight seeing. The location is great for getting around the "Abbeys" and local towns of Melrose, Selkirk, Jedburgh and Kelso.

2  Thank DerrickandMyra
Reviewed August 24, 2012

What a fantastic place to stay, the countryside around was stunning. The rooms were lovely, very large family room. We were here for the "Ken Laidlaw Road Race" which starts and finishes in Hawick, this this place was very handy but also nice and quiet to get a good nights sleep before the race!! We stayed with our 2 children in the family room which was more than big enough, great big bathroom too! and a lovely balcony to sit out on. Nanna & Grandad stayed in a twin room, which was also brilliant. Was made to feel very welcome by Janet and Les, they were great and very accommodating. Even the cat "Fudge" was friendly, who entertained our youngest!! We also had a fantastic meal at the Auld Cross Keys Inn, in Denholm which is the nearby village, gorgeous place with a big village green. Would definately recommend staying at Hassendean B & B to anyone, Great place. Thank you to you both.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I really can't speak highly enough of this place and its owners, Janet and Les. As with comments from other guests you are welcomed more as a friend. This was about my fourth stay here and it really has begun to feel like my second home. My work in the borders has finished now but I'll certainly stay here again with my family when we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian B
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the Hassendean B&B and felt very welcome - like a home from home! The room was clean with a large bathroom and the bed very comfortable. Janet and Les were really friendly and made us feel very welcome. The breakfast was great we couldn't of asked for more. Overall a fantastic stay and we'll definitely be going back if we're in the area.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Janet and Les made us feel like part of the family, very welcoming. The room was great , very comfortable and clean. We will definatley come back and would highly reccommend.
Thanks for a great stay. Greg and Julie