“Luxury in name only”

and 1 more site!
Teviotside Guest House
Ranked #4 of 20 Hawick B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Owner was away when we arrived ... As we walked in you could see in the dining room a couple of bikes + washing hanging on clothes airers. Tool box in hall and cleaning boxes on both landing & stairs. Had to turn down first room we were shown as so tiny & claustrophobic with a low ceiling in the basement & no window in bedroom. 2nd room was a bit better, but not very clean. Layer of dust on picture frame so much so you could write in it & mirror in room clearly not been cleaned for a while & one of the cups on the tea tray was sticky inside & not clean. Nowhere in shower room to put washbag or any toiletries on. Tiny bath towels & grubby looking bath mat. Breakfast very disappointing - buffet style, heat trays with food just covered with loose tin foil & only thing that was hot were the baked beans. Shame as we were sold by the pictures - definitely not luxury.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Teviotside Guest House

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were a group of 10, who stayed here at the start and end of our Borders Loop cycle ride. Alan was a star, nothing too much trouble, including an amazing packed lunch well worth the extra, which saw us through all the way to Peebles. Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. Lots of small touches like chocolates in our room, made this my favourite place we stayed on our trip, by some way.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on two separate occasions on business. The rooms were very clean, modern and had everything I needed for an overnight stay. Alan, the owner, was incredibly hospitable and friendly without being intrusive. He was willing to please and accommodate my needs, including the breakfast I wanted, when I wanted.

Having worked in the hospitality industry I know how hard it is to run a hotel and Alan does it very well, with a personal touch. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends & family and would happily stay here again. Well done, Alan, you could teach some if the larger hotel chains a thing or two!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Alan is a saint. Nothing is too much trouble. My room was exquisite. My breakfast was substantial and well cooked and Alan's warmth added to the overall charm. A really nice guy!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We Visited Hawick This Weekend For The Common Riding. We Had Booked Our Stay For The Three Nights At The Lux B&B.On Our Arrival The Warm And Friendly Welcome We Recieved From Alan Was Superb And Took Away A Bit Of The Gloomy Weather! Our Room Was Exceptionally Clean &Warm With Good En-suite Facilities.We Woke After A Comfortable Sleep To A Breakfast Second To None Help Yourself To An Array Of Cereals ,Fruit And Cooked Breakfast. Alan Even Offered Us A Packed Lunch For Our Day Out. If In Hawick Dont Let This Gem Pass You By.Thanks Alan&Your Staff .We Will Retur

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have stayed here on several occassions and each time I have been met with such warmth from Alan. He runs this B and B like its part of the family and pays attention to details, especially when my girlfriend and myself stayed last (He went out and purchased a lovely bottle of bubbly and flowers for me and my partner.) Breakfast on every occassion has been wonderful and Alan has the balance right when it comes to asking if there is anything he can do for you. I've stayed in several B and B but I prefer Lux every time. I would highly recommend this B and B to anyone that wants to experience true scottish hospitality and wants a helpful and warm host.

Room Tip: If you willing to spend a little extra...ask for Room 1 but book well in advance as this in my opini...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Had two rooms at the Lux in the lower/basement level. They were functional and clean, but not anywhere I would want to stay for more than one or two nights (a bit cave like). The bathroom in one of the rooms was awkwardly shaped, with nowhere to put toiletries near or around the sink. Proprietor seems to be new and working hard to get the place in good shape (when we arrived, painting was going on in the hallway and stairwell). Nice little touches are missing (shampoo, for example). Breakfast is functional, nothing special. He's on the right path, but not quite there yet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PhoebeFigallily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawick
The Horse and Hound Country Inn
#4 of 7 in Hawick
Elm Guest House
Elm Guest House
#6 of 20 in Hawick

Been to Teviotside Guest House? Share your experiences!