“Superb B & B”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hawick B&B and Inns
West Kirby
“Superb B & B”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This ez ane o the baist guest hooses I have stayed en. Because it wuz a bank the rooms are very large as are the bathrooms. Brakefasts were aixcellent also. Yon Donna wuz affy freendly and hailpful as you'd expect from someone from Houghton-le-Spring. A good tip is to book early- this place is sae guid it's full maist o the time, especially during the Commons Riding. Tain oot ove tain.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is one of the best B and B I have ever stayed in. The rooms and the design are georgeous, the breakfast was very delicious. And Donna is so warm and friendly! Absolutely fanatastic!!! We will definetly return.

S.Wales
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed for two nights for the common riding, and our 33 rd. wedding anniversary,(were lucky to get a cancellation).Donna, your a star, lovely welcome, accommodation beautiful, wonderful breakfast, best porridge I've tasted,(with cream and brown sugar). Location very central, would have booked for next year, but full already.

Edinburgh
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We've just stayed here for four nights for the Hawick Common Riding. We loved it that much we've booked the same room for next year. The building is gorgeous and our room was spacious, spotless, quiet and very comfortable. Donna and her team (Alex and Carissa) really looked after us and they couldn't do enough for us. Donna really does go above and beyond when it comes to looking after her guests. She's great fun and the perfect host. We enjoyed staying here so much we didn't want to leave. We had a lovely relaxing stay and thoroughly recommend The Bank.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank chickleg
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in many guest houses but this is absolutely the best by far! Lovely warm welcome, room immaculate with everything you would need, could quite happily have stayed for weeks instead of just two nights! Donna is in the perfect job, so friendly and couldn't do enough for us, thank you pet! We have already booked again! : )

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lOttiedOttie4
sunderland, uk
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night just for a night away and a change of scenery. Alex greeted us and along with all the other staff we met was fantastic. Donna is also a lovely lady and I could only echo what other people have said about the warmth of the staff. We stayed in room 3 which was lovely. It faced the back of the hotel which wasn't a problem. We were lucky enough to be there when the common ride took place and it was amazing. The breakfast was gorgeous and plentiful. The only down sides for me was no heating in the bathroom so we found it a bit chilly getting out of the shower. The bed was to hard for me, I prefer a softer mattress. We were woken at 1am in the morning by a guy shouting on the landing but he did stop when I pointed out that he ahd woken us up. That however was not something that any staff were in control of but I would not be put off from staying again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I am very fussy about where I stay when away from home and have only ever stayed at a guesthouse when i was on a walking holiday. That said when I had to go to Hawick at short notice i picked the bank because of the reviews on tripadvisor. I was not disappointed Alex welcomed my party and nothing was too much for her. This place is more like a boutique hotel and should be recognised as one.
The furnishings were lovely and the rooms gorgeous and modern. I had the opportunity to see 3 of the rooms and each were of excellent quality. the four poster beds add to the glamour especially in the contemporary style. The duvet was amazing.
The breakfast was excellent and I had the big bank which consisted of everything you could ask for and i managed to eat it. Lighter options are available if you wish.
Definitely the best guesthouse ever and fully desrves 5 stars!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family