Kingsknowes Hotel
Glen Hotel(Selkirk)
$102
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewshousing estatelovely hoteleildon hillsbusiness tripfood was amazingfamily runamazing buildingindependent hotelcourtyard barabbotsford housepotatoesold buildingvenisonhotel groundsacross the riverbehind the scenesflights of stairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

A lovely setting on the way to Melrose from Galashiels. and some good reviews, however based on our experience we won't be back soon.
Waited over 40 minutes after ordering our food and had to check what was happening. The food eventually arrived but was very mediocre. It seemed like it had been prepared the day before as it was not fresh at all. It's a shame as we had higher expectations but this place does not live up to them.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Keith J
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My partner took me to the Kingsknowes Hotel for my birthday. We had the Scott Room which is large spacious suite which was perfect for the occasion. However what made it really special were all of the staff, they made my partner and myself feel very special, nothing was too much trouble and they always had a smile and a cheery word. The food both for our evening meal and breakfast the following morning was well cooked, well presented and very, very tasty. So well done to the Kingsknowe and all of the staff, we will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed at the Kingsknowe several times on business and always memorable. I now look forward to returning for a break with my family. Great staff with outstanding hospitality right from the time of check in, always very courteous and polite.
The restaurant in the hotel has delicious food and have never been disappointed with evening or breakfast food. The hotel rooms are cleaned to the highest standard and have amazing views its really a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed February 7, 2014

i have visited this hotel on several occations though my job.If friendly helpful staff terrific food comfy beds are what you are looking for. then look no further. always look forword to staying here on my visits

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have been traveling to Galashiels annually for the last 6 years now , and each year i have stayed in the Kingsknowe Hotel . Its a beautiful Grand Building set within a large gardened area . I was overwhelmed with how friendly the staff and owners were ,and the food was fantastic , with a great menu that caters to any pallet , nice big portions too ! The rooms are large and spacious with a large comfy bed , to rest your head after a couple of glasses of something from the lounge bar ! I would guarantee anyone that stays here would return !
Thanks to Jennifer , Caroline and all the staff

Room Tip: I have stayed in 4 different rooms and each room was as good as the other , Large , Clean and a very comfy bed
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business