Ive ate here several times and have never been disappointed with either the food or the service. The meals are always of sufficient size to fill but not so large that you leave too much on the plate.. the Steak pie is particularly good.
The "Cloven" also does a small takeaway service of fish and chips or pizza freshly made if you want something a little quicker and less formal.
It has a bar, separate bar/lounge area or a larger airier restaurant area, personally I prefer the smaller bar/lounge area with its historic décor. .
plenty of off street parking too if you choose to drive there. A nice quiet location situated right in the middle of the village but close enough to Galashiels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clovenfords Hotel is situated in the village of Clovenfords in the heart of the Scottish Borders. It is only 3 miles from the busy Borders town of Galashiels. Edinburgh and other Scottish Borders towns including Melrose, Kelso, Jedburgh, Hawick and Peebles are all easily accessible. In the immediate area activities such as fishing (on the River Tweed), mountain biking (Glentress), golfing, shooting and off road driving are all readily available to hotel guests.The Clovenfords Hotel has all the character, warmth and friendly charm you would expect from an 18th century coaching inn. We look forward to extending to you a very warm welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Clovenfords Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clovenfords Hotel Galashiels
- The Clovenfords Hotel Galashiels, Scotland