“Smashing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Waterfront Fishouse Restaurant

The Waterfront Fishouse Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Oban
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Set in idyllic Oban on the North West coast of Scotland, Waterfront Restaurant offers sumptuously fresh fish and seafood in a cutesy boathouse-style setting. Whilst enjoying stunning views over Oban Bay, guests can sample fine local catches, delicious fish classics and an impressive world wine list.
Edinburgh
“Smashing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had a party of 17 booked. Staff looked after us really well but what about the kitchen: this must be one of the best fish restaurants in Scotland. The Chef must be irreplaceable. The variety we choose was wide, from lobsters to simple fish and chips, and by the quality of fish and chips you can judge the rest. My starter, mussels on Gunness, was superclass (I shall never again cook them at home on white wine, but from now on on Guinness Waterfront style) and fish and chips I wanted was just purrfect. The guys around me were munching on lobsters and sea basses which looked wonderful. Service (in a full restaurant) was attentive and prompt. Well done, anytime I find myself in Oban, I'll be there. Thanks, well done Waterfront!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Waterfront F, Manager at The Waterfront Fishouse Restaurant, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you so much for such a great review of our restaurant! All of our chefs are very much irreplaceable! We take pride in the dishes we serve and I am so pleased when I get great feedback from the customers. I hope to see you again soon for some more excellent service and a wonderful meal.

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cold night but warm reception from Fishouse, Oban”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Tonight we had a lovely meal at the Fishouse restaurant looking out at the pier in Oban. We chose to go for the early evening meal - which was great value for money. The mussels were so fresh (clearly from pier to pan) and the fish and chips were very tasty. The staff were really friendly and the restaurant decor is modern but feels homely. Overall a great meal out. Looking forward to coming back next time we are in Oban and trying the rest of the menu. Thanks Fishouse!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Heather, thank you very much for leaving us such great feedback on TripAdvisor! I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your experience with us despite the weather outside. The mussels are very fresh as is all of our seafood guaranteeing the customers a tasty meal. We look forward to your next visit to Oban and hopefully your next visit with us too!
Cheshire.uk
“Warm welcome on a stormy night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very good value, excellent food, best service I've had for a long time,atmosphere was cosy.
Oysters well presented and tasty.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive review of The Waterfront Fishouse Restaurant. I am glad you decided to hide from the horrible Scottish weather in our restaurant and that you enjoyed your experience with us. Hopefully we will see you again soon and for your benefit I hope the weather is more welcoming the next time you visit us.
Edinburgh, Scotland
“friendly and efficient service, great menu choice and delicious meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Had a lovely meal and were really impressed by the standard of service. First night I had quail from the specials menu and my friend had scallops and we went back the second night to have the steak. We felt very welcome and it will be our first stop on future visits to Oban, Thank you guys.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, as the manager I take pride in my staff here and I am very happy to read that you received excellent service as well as an excellent meal. We hope you are going to return to Oban again soon and that we will see you again.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent seafood and attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went there for dinner on an early evening and got a table near the window to the pier. They offer a great choice of seafood dishes and some non seafood as well. They also serve local beer, what we really appreciate (Kiltlifter from Oban is highly recommendable).
We both had mussels, lobster ravioli and a tart. The served food was very delicious and all the portions had the right size. The staff was very attentive and friendly.
We would definitely recommend it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sparco_m
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback of your experience with us! I am pleased to see that you took full advantage of your visit and tried a local Ale brewed at the back of our sister restaurant Cuan Mor. Hopefully you will return again for a meal with us and maybe this time you can try another Ale such as a Skelpt Lug or a Skinny Blonde!